Why learn to Navigate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2004
Hunter 260 Pepin, WI
It's funny. I grew up in Long Beach, CA. I remember being terrified as a small boy listening to thunder rolling in off the Pacific. They seemed all to frequent to me. I wonder if the weather patterns have changed that much in 50 years.

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
It's funny. I grew up in Long Beach, CA. I remember being terrified as a small boy listening to thunder rolling in off the Pacific. They seemed all to frequent to me. I wonder if the weather patterns have changed that much in 50 years.
kali rarely has lightning except during el nino years and sometimes la nina--most of the time he have been fortunate to be able to avoid it..LOL...even when i was a kid in altadena we didnt have much--rare....denver and florida-now THEY have lightning!!!!!:eek:

sorry bout the jack---:Liar:

bau.......

Dec 12, 2009
C & C 33 Mk1 Charleston, SC
I'd suggest Levin get out of his trans-Catalina route and sail to Phuket and see how far only his GPS will get him.

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
levin----in a discussion of proper quality, one MUST stir up the hornets----how else does anyone get motivated enough to get anything discussed??????

angry and pissed are BIG LETTERS....LOL...so ---dont worry--is a good discussion--- isnt it?

(stomps and puts hand on hip).....now just listen.....;)LOL.....:dance:

Benny

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 320 Tampa, FL
Things must be slow, in the summer months this thread would have been canned long ago.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Benny, We got six inches of snow yesterday and it is about 20 degrees F outside right now. The economy stinks, I need a new hip, and I haven't been down to my boat since December. May the ink run under your ruler, world without end. ;) ;) ;)

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
Benny, We got six inches of snow yesterday and it is about 20 degrees F outside right now. The economy stinks, I need a new hip, and I haven't been down to my boat since December. May the ink run under your ruler, world without end. ;) ;) ;)

ROFLMFAO----CHILDREN!!! IS WINTER-----GO TO YOUR CORNERS!!!!!!!
and dont come back out until I say it is spring!!!!!!!(i hope i remember to tell them--i am going SAILING in WARM WATER in 9 days LOL..not coming back until is warm in kali!!!.....nyaaah, .nyaaah..pthfhtfhtfhtft!!!!!!!!!!)

back on topic---

I'd suggest Levin get out of his trans-Catalina route and sail to Phuket and see how far only his GPS will get him.

off again...LOL......
omg--SAN DIEGO!!??????? geeziz i best leave fast--why are ye all from dago , mon!!????
aaawwww, geeeeee........ye know ye still can get lost going to that disney ride of an island----ye cant see it from dago---not even on a GOOD day----ye KNOW if ye miss da island ye has to go to hawaii or seek amelia earhart.......:eek:
and the QEII hit a submerged and uncharted rock on this side of the world , dontchye?? and ye know that this is the uncivilized and underprivileged side of the nation, dont you?????
LOL......is a reallly good idea to get paper and a depth sounder....mebbe some forward looking sonar......fish finder....oh yeah--radar for seeing storms .....LOL....AIS for seeing the big guy gonna hit ye
lol.....say hay to amelia whenye find her .....always admired her and wondered where she really went......

hijack?? what hijack???

Nik

Mar 15, 2008
MacGregor 26D Valparaiso, Indiana
Kinda like being able to change a tire or a fan belt on your car. Lot's of people manage without that skill but I would not send my wife or kid's out without a spare tire or the knowledge to change it.

Why bother with that.... I have Road Side Assistance with my Cell Phone and Insurance. (sarcasm intended).:)

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
Levin, I hope that you learn to keep a better weather eye .This link suggests, starting on page 44 that severe thunderstorms are a frequent occurrence in southern California.
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/document/weatherhistory.pdf
wow!!!!! written proof to my insistence that our weather is connected to el and la ninas!!!!! isnt a surprise! those kids mess us up haaaard....but th eyears kali has had foulest weathers inclusive of lightning and fun stuff found elsewhere--is due to the current off chile ....messes up the world!!!!! read carefully ross's inclusion and see the el or la nina with the worst of our weather--and this is an el noino year until june--LOLO...have fun folks--30 ft seas and weather ----lol storms with wind and water from hell--
thankyou ross-is interesting reading and confirms our patterning in cycles as i have previously written...

Status
Not open for further replies.