who want to help me with my Sailboat in Chicago,IL

Mar 14, 2019
Hunter 25.5 Chicago, IL
Hello, someone who wants to help me with my sailboat in Chicago, IL.
I have it in Sunset Bay Marina, how to put the ropes in order. He is a Hunter 25.5 1985.
and we can have it ready for May.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
lots of yards have maintenance guys for hire . everyone has their own boats to prepare so imho it's totally unlikely you'll find anyone to do these jobs for you without pay.

Jan 20, 2017
Yamaha 33 Vancouver
Hi,

I’m just heading to the airport now, and will be on the next flight to Chicago to get your lines sorted for you.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Keep your chin up. There is likely someone local who can help. Are you new to sailing? Some idea of your skills may help.

I'm on the west coast, but if I were local....

Ken

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Keep your chin up. There is likely someone local who can help. Are you new to sailing? Some idea of your skills may help. There are a lot of skilled and helpful folks on this forum.
I'm on the west coast, but if I were local....

Ken

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Would give you a hand if I was back in Chicago at the plant, but alas I am back in Michigan. Sorting out lines? do you not have a manual to refer to?

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
I"ve reported and asked SBO to ban this guy from any future posting's MaineSail!

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
It looks like he responded to his post regarding replacing his lines. He may not be trolling after all.
I don't know about that but who, ever calls his vessel a "HE!"mmm Not me mine is a "SHE" unless he doesn't know how to spell. I've always seen woman mounted on the bow's, and not men... lol

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
I don't know about that but who, ever calls his vessel a "HE!"mmm Not me mine is a "SHE" unless he doesn't know how to spell. I've always seen woman mounted on the bow's, and not men... lol
In Spanish, 'sailboat' is a masculine noun. Do you even understand that concept? By the way, is it not OK for a person whose native tongue is Spanish to attempt to communicate in English? Or is that now a problem with angry old men, too?

While we're being pissy about the use of English, you really ought to go back to middle school. Your post is chock-full of grammatical errors. Apparently, you don't speak English well, either.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Nieves... check ASA online for tying a boat to the dock. You will get recommended line sizes and lengths as well as knots. Also, simply call SailboatOwners to get all the help you need! Also, look up YouTube videos. Lastly, but maybe FIRSTLY, ask your dockmates. Sailors are a helpful group of people who thrive on learning, knowing, mastering, and sharing knowledge! If you are new to sailing, admit it to your dockmates, and someone will help you. We help new owners in our marina often. It saves our paint!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
During my CG Vessel Safety inspection I received recognition and bonus points for proper identification and use of Ropes, Lines, Chain, and Rode. Just saying.