Who sailed today?

Jul 28, 2013
Ericson E29 Lake City, MN
It's -23F here right now, with a wind chill of -55F.

There will be no sailing in Minnesota today. :cry:

May 7, 2010
Catalina 22 Ludington MI
Not me, would an ice boat count? It is -14 here with a wind chill of -40. Hell, I don't think I would even sail on an ice boat today.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 27_75-84 Wilmington, NC
Went out yesterday morning (Sunday) for an hour on the Cape Fear river, NC. Temp about 60. Have removed canvas for the winter so just motor, but charged batteries and pushed some oil around. Super nice to get out this time of year. No pics.

Mark48

Mar 1, 2008
Hunter 34 Milwaukee
Minus 16 this morning on Lake Michigan. Can't even get to the boat.

babbe

Sep 23, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Bayfield
Brrr

It is 25 degrees BELOW zero today in Minnesota. It is going to be a while before my boat touches the water. I envy you!

Aug 12, 2013
Hunter 29.5 Lake Texoma
All day on Saturday!

We sailed all day last Saturday on Lake Texoma and were the only sail boat on the lake. It was blowing great at 20 - 25 kts and got up to 58 degrees. Beautiful! Here are my great crew.

Attachments

topman

Aug 10, 2012
Catalina 30 Sidney B.C. Canada
Weather was -2 to start but moved to + 6 c great day on the water , mind you any day is great when you are messing about on a boat.some pictures are on a hotfoot 20 and one is of my C 30.

Attachments

Mar 12, 2013
Oday 25 Milwaukee
From the National Weather Service, Lake Michigan forecast for today:

"SHEBOYGAN WI TO PENTWATER MI SOUTH

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...

.REST OF TODAY...NORTHWEST TO WEST GALES TO 40 KT. HEAVY FREEZING
SPRAY. SNOW SHOWERS. WAVES 10 TO 14 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 18 FT."

Think I'll stay in.

Aug 9, 2010
Hunter 26.5 Lake Quachita, Hot Springs, AR
I went out first day of year, despite high of 46. Outboard started first try. I thought I should start off the year on the right tack. 1989 Hunter 26.5 Pep

Attachments

Jul 31, 2013
Catalina 22 oklahoma city
to cold

Yah its way to cold in oklahoma to sail right now although i really wanted to!
Hefner lake ok probily to much wind anyways with the teens in weather burrrr.

Jul 11, 2013
Com-Pac 27/2 Mathews, Virginia
Despite temps in upper 40s, got out of the slip New Year's Day and had a pleasant couple of hours underway. That's the good news. The "bad news" is, the trip was to deliver her to the yard for the rest of the winter. No more sailing 'til March, at best. Just boat chores for a while; getting ready for a spring-summer trip to New England.

Jun 14, 2012
oday 272LE Lake Petenwell
The digital sensor crapped out at -20 something and right now it's -18. That sorta leaves out sailing, even if I could dig out the snow drift in front of the storage shed. Spring will come and launch is still March 15.

Aug 25, 2012
Catalina 25 Lake Worth, Texas
we almost did....

We were ON the boat, however the winds were 20, gusting to 30. The temperature was 34. With the wind-chill, we decided to save the sailing for a day where it was a little warmer....

We did, however, manage to launch my friend's Catalina 25 and not get wet. That should count for something......

Lake Worth, Texas.....

Nov 22, 2006
Hunter 23.5 Eau Gallie
Yesterday 1/5/14 . it was very pleasant in Melbourne,Fl. Took my Hunter 23.5 the Aiden Sea out on the Indian River. Unfortunately there was not much of a breeze.

Nov 17, 2013
Catalina 22 Scottsdale, AZ
I sailed yesterday (January 6) - it was in the upper 60s (possibly 70?) at Lake Pleasant, AZ. We hit the lake around 10:30a.m. Winds were light for the first couple of hours, but then picked up around 2:30 - 3:00.

I learned that there is still a lot that I don't know about sailing (after a couple of accidental gybes). It's time to take some lessons!

Meanwhile, here are some pictures.

Attachments

May 19, 2009
Macgregor 19 beverly, ma
Sailed on the Sea of Cortez, and saw some humpback whales!
Photos in a couple of days.
Hey Justsomeguy,

What is the story with the asym spinnaker in your avatar?
I bought a VERY similar one for my M19 ( different colors) on craigslist but the owner didn't know the manufacturer...any info would be appreciated.

(Didn't sail today but windsurfing is a possibility.)

Feb 19, 2013
macgregor 26S Beverly Hills Florida
Awesome day on the water - about 80 degrees down here yesterday. Had the boot all prepped and already to go in the morning, waiting for the afternoon breezes. However there was no wind, and I mean NO wind :( So we went for beers and reggae music at the local marina hangout. There are worse ways to spend a day!

KJH

Jan 28, 2009
Catalina 1983 22 Waukegan Harbor
Balmy -17 up at Winthrop Harbor today!!! About -50 if you want to count winds 20-25!
Making a big trek out in about an hour......for the mail.

Thoroughly jealous!! Have fun!