Who sailed today?

Apr 1, 2010
Cal 33 and Sea Pearl 21 . Crystal River, FL
Re: Who Sailed Today

where is lake pleasant? it was a bone chilling 60 here today (overcast was the real problem) so I went and watched the formula 1 exhibition boat race down the road from me. after that I installed my windex and heel gauge and will be testing them out tomorrow (supposed to be 79).

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX

Sailed on the Sea of Cortez, and saw some humpback whales!
Photos in a couple of days.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County

I believe Lake Pleasant is just N/W of Phoenix.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey

Getting out tomorrow. Orcas are off Palos Verdes.

cjb300

May 29, 2012
Catalina 22 Mandeville, LA
I took my Catalina 22 out for a short sail today.

image-2713242139.jpg

Had some crew to help.

May 5, 2013
Catalina 22 Oologah lake, Oklahoma
where is lake pleasant? it was a bone chilling 60 here today (overcast was the real problem) so I went and watched the formula 1 exhibition boat race down the road from me. after that I installed my windex and heel gauge and will be testing them out tomorrow (supposed to be 79).
Bone chilling 60? Really? It's 25 here! Needless to say, No sailing for me today. We did sail on new Year's. It was 45. Much warmer!

azguy

Aug 23, 2012
Catalina 22 Lake Pleasant

Lake Pleasant is about 45 miles NW of downtown phoenix, winds were light about 5-7 and it was 70 degrees....

Apr 1, 2010
Cal 33 and Sea Pearl 21 . Crystal River, FL

we were back at 80 today. trailered to the launch, winds were adequate, stepped mast and launched boat and wind died. ended up motoring around several hours on a new lake and heading in... will try again next weekend

Nov 28, 2012
Catalina 22 #442 Somerset, Ma

it started out at 3 today and warmed up to a blistering 28. o with a foot on the ground. Caught a nice blizzard the other day...i hate the winter..lol

Oct 19, 2013
Hunter 30 Ithaca
No sailing today at our marina.... This is a shot of Allan H. Treman Marine State Park in Ithaca, NY today..... In any event, we had fun at the dog park and spent a little time on my "new" boat, under the tarp, dreaming of warmer days to come...

Attachments

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I went up to Georgia and sailed in mid 30 degree weather ... then bought the boat I sailed on!!!

It was the 1988 boat I mentioned in my PM to you a couple days ago. I got her home around midnight last night, had a couple celebratory adult beverages, then went to CD and splurged for a pair of those teak eyebrows. The boat is just so pretty, I couldn't resist buying her something! :redface:

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Few people went outside today, although it's warmed up 10 degrees from this morning.

Attachments

Oct 10, 2013
Hobie hobie 17 Carlyle Illinois CSA
Rright now in central Illinois it is -2 headed toward -17 with a hi tomorrow of -8.

Don't think can float my boat off the trailer

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Here is a Video of Our First Sail of the New Year.

We had a very relaxing sail with 8-10 kt. winds on a flat sea. It was a beautiful 72* with clear skies. We ended it by docking at Killer Shrimp and enjoying a couple of bowls of their shrimp.
Pardon the occasional finger in the picture, I use my wife's IPhone and the lens is not where it's suppose to be.
Ran into Timo42 and his wife at the launch ramp when we finished at the end of a perfect day.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
We had a very relaxing sail with 8-10 kt. winds on a flat sea. It was a beautiful 72* with clear skies. We ended it by docking at Killer Shrimp and enjoying a couple of bowls of their shrimp. Pardon the occasional finger in the picture, I use my wife's IPhone and the lens is not where it's suppose to be. Ran into Timo42 and his wife at the launch ramp when we finished at the end of a perfect day. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0VGiHJNec">YouTube Link</a>
Great video. I found myself moving my own finger out of the way! I know the frustration, though. That pesky little is NOT where it should be. At the end of the video I realized there is one truism that is common among sailors. We ALL have hot wives. Much hotter than any of us deserves.

Nov 25, 2013
Oday Daysailer I Lakeville, NY
I'm in Mr. Greenglass' neck of the woods. Winds are gusting to 60 today, so I was sailing across the parking lot from my car to the door at work!
The flip side of solid water is skiing, dog sledding, and ice racing.... now if I could only convince my wife to let me get a DN iceboat!

Jul 8, 2012
Helms 25 indiana
Even if I wanted to sail, and I do, there is no way that I could. With a temp of -9 and wind chill of -14, I could not even find the lake. Walked out 30ft on the water and was just being blown around. Cannot wait for the spring thaw so I can get back on the water.