which winch cable to use

Aug 13, 2020
Sirius 21 mass
i just purchased an 81 Sirius 21 and i want to replace the winch cable....but i dont know what type of ss it is or the strand etc.. anyone out there can help?

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
i just purchased an 81 Sirius 21 and i want to replace the winch cable....but i dont know what type of ss it is or the strand etc.. anyone out there can help?
This thread might help.

and I’m NOT a serious sailor! ;)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
To answer the OP's question, 7x7 or 7x19 wire is probably the wire he wants.These are more flexible than 1x19.

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
Well, it only took you guys 5 hours to chase this guy away. lol
Always surprises me when someone posts a question and doesn't check for responses the same day. I guess some people's lives don't revolve around sailing... As we say down here, "Bless their hearts".

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Always surprises me when someone posts a question and doesn't check for responses the same day. I guess some people's lives don't revolve around sailing... As we say down here, "Bless their hearts".
Since he didn't mention which cable he needs to replace, I don't see how he would expect a reasonable answer. I'd certainly help if I could, but how can anybody? So, some of the guys had a little fun with one of those unanswerable questions.