Where do you Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Oh, my dear C-34 owner. (and I use to own a C-34 where the main cabin was a great place to sleep with that table down and queen size pit.) But in the C-310 it is not a V-berth, and there is not a skinny end. In fact the end at the bow is about as wide as the end towards the cabin door. (with a wider part in the middle) check out a layout of the 310, you can sort of see the debate. (I liked the C-34 because you had a door that closed off the aft cabin to the rest of the boat, great feature)
After having two different boat guests this weekend, I see what you mean about the aft cabin. One of them snored so loud I heard him over the large box fan I had set up on the galley counter.

But if I were to upgrade, I think I would go for the C350 over a C34. I like the rounder cockpit and the queen center line better then the traditional V birth. Or just really go for it and get the C470.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
After having two different boat guests this weekend, I see what you mean about the aft cabin. One of them snored so loud I heard him over the large box fan I had set up on the galley counter.

But if I were to upgrade, I think I would go for the C350 over a C34. I like the rounder cockpit and the queen center line better then the traditional V birth. Or just really go for it and get the C470.
Shoot, I'm here, up at 0430 typing, 'cuz guess who is snoring now, and I'm at home and she's not a guest! :dance:

I would avoid the C350, nice as their skippers are online, 'cuz it's a winnebago Catalina. Have you seen the new C355? It's got the C34 layout with aft head.

I love our huge V berth. I'd also love a C470!:D

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
350 and 355 are real nice, ...

but I just saw an ad from Deltaville Yacht Sales where a 2012 was $210K.

I like it, but not that much.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Witz,

Any chance you could post some pics. We have a 2001 and it didn't have a anyway to change that L to a birth.

Thanks,

JK
Same here, no way at present to set up the settee as a berth. Sounds like a good idea, though, to get a shorter pole for the large table top and add a cushion to fit for a berth. The question of why Catalina didn't do this has come up several times.

Mar 6, 2009
Catalina 310 Dunedin, Fl
Forward berth with feet forward. Tried with feet aft, and dumped our heads on the sides too many times. Pillows rarely fall on the cabin sole.

Aug 17, 2010
Catalina 310 Lake Pueblo
I gave sleeping feet forward a shot last week. Did not sleep too well and I was by myself. The next night went back to feet aft.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Same here, no way at present to set up the settee as a berth. Sounds like a good idea, though, to get a shorter pole for the large table top and add a cushion to fit for a berth. The question of why Catalina didn't do this has come up several times.

I had the same concern about a year ago and was given an email address for a captain who designed his own berth from the dinette. His address is in the thread. If you don't hear from him, I may have the pics and instructions saved somewhere.

Don't know why it links to the Hunter owners forums since I originally posted it in this one.

http://forums.hunter.sailboatowners....d.php?p=731240

Apr 19, 2011
Hunter 31 Seattle
Too much light from the hatch right above us in the vberth. We prefer to sleep in the cave now since it doesnt get as much light and is nearly dark most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.