Where can I find one of these?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Tried Dave at the store here, got some other folks looking also. I need to replace 3 of these white rollers in my stanchion-mounted fairleads that route my furler line.

IMG_20180409_132528369.jpg

The fairlead is likely original to the boat. The black roller is obviously newer, but there is no identifying info on that black roller. The manufacturer logo on the top of the fairlead assembly is lowercase "p m". Sorry the pic is not great:
IMG_20180409_132532363_HDR.jpg

I've seen a thread somewhere in the past year where someone named that manufacturer, but I haven't been able to find the thread, as you might imagine searching for"pm" or "p m".

I can have these custom made, but there has to be something available. Size is 1 inch diameter, 1 inch tall, and the bore is 0.25 inches.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I have fairleads on my my H26 but they don't have rollers. Just simple fairleads. They work just fine. Do you think a regular fairlead will add too much friction?

If so... I found something similar on Amazon. Do a google search for "stanchion post fairlead" and then click on image until you see what you like.

upload_2018-4-10_19-30-7.jpeg

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Tried Dave at the store here, got some other folks looking also. I need to replace 3 of these white rollers in my stanchion-mounted fairleads that route my furler line.

View attachment 148699

The fairlead is likely original to the boat. The black roller is obviously newer, but there is no identifying info on that black roller. The manufacturer logo on the top of the fairlead assembly is lowercase "p m". Sorry the pic is not great:
View attachment 148700
I've seen a thread somewhere in the past year where someone named that manufacturer, but I haven't been able to find the thread, as you might imagine searching for"pm" or "p m".

I can have these custom made, but there has to be something available. Size is 1 inch diameter, 1 inch tall, and the bore is 0.25 inches.
I got a full set of those sheaves from Garhauer.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Are these the correct ones... Looke close.
upload_2018-4-10_19-55-48.jpeg

Spinlock WL Accessory Sheave

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
No, but I got all excited about that one yesterday. Called spinlock USA, who called the design Dept. in England, who sent me the line drawing. The pin is 12 mm. My bore is about half that.

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 26d Trailer Estates, Fl
Sure it’s not “wd”?

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 26d Trailer Estates, Fl
I don’t know, just looked like wd to me, but then I often look at things differently.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I think that I have seen fairleads like that on the aft stanchions on a Hunter Cherubini. I don't know if they were original or not.

That aside, it's a pretty simple part to make. If I had material on hand, I could probably make a couple of them in less time than it would take me to find them from a vendor.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
I have seen that same double-sheave set up on old boats with a a "line drive" furling scheme. You pull on one line to furl and on the other one to unfurl. There was a convoluted pair of discs that the line did a 180 around at the bottom of the furler. Only problem was that in heavy air the line would slip and cause heart palpitations to the crew, sometimes.
AFAIK they went out vogue, but might have been a Hood product (corrected due to better info from another site member!)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
No, but I got all excited about that one yesterday. Called spinlock USA, who called the design Dept. in England, who sent me the line drawing. The pin is 12 mm. My bore is about half that.
IF it fits other wise, just put a length of PE airline tubing over the pin.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Just remove the worn roller and replace the clevis pin.... like Dave G says, you don't really need the roller... just a guide to keep the line in place.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I have seen that same double-sheave set up on old boats with a a "line drive" furling scheme. You pull on one line to furl and on the other one to unfurl. There was a convoluted pair of discs that the line did a 180 around at the bottom of the furler. Only problem was that in heavy air the line would slip and cause heart palpitations to the crew, sometimes.
AFAIK they went out vogue, but might have been a Schaefer product.
I reef my Hood 810 all the time, you just need to keep both lines tight or it will slip. I cleat the in-furling line first and then pull the slack out of the out-furling line. That way the wind in the sail takes the stretch out of the line so they both are tight.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I have these same fairleeds for my Hood 810. Luckily I have not needed to replace any of the sheaves. Because of the way this furler works, I would not want to use non roller leads. It is tough enough to furl as it is, and as it is continuous line, you need to keep pressure on both ends of the line, and cannot easily load it on a winch.

Please keep this thread updated if you find a solution. Due to demon Murphy, I am sure I will need them one day soon.