Where can I buy stanchions for my O'day 25

Rudy21

Nov 19, 2014
Oday 25 Hampton Roads VA
I just bought a 1982 O'Day 25 and it does not have a pulpit or stanchions. Where can I buy used stanchions / pulpit and how do I know they will fit? I assume new custom made stanchions would be cost prohibitive - but I may be wrong. Thanks for your suggestions.

USY27

Apr 16, 2007
O'day 25 Salem, MA
Find a local boat junk yard. Best to ask a local boat hauler, they take junked boats there on a regular basis. I see that you're in VA so I don't know of anyone there to recommend.

Would you have to install the stanchions from scratch or do you have the bases and just are missing the stanchions themselves?

I don't recall where but I recently seen a post by a guy who had the bases already and just got some used SS tubing cut it to desired height, drilled appropriate holes, got some plastic caps for the top and made his own stanchions. Pretty basic DIY IMO.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
The lifeline stanchions will not be "O'DAY 25" specific, those will be a mostly "generic" part, You may find ones with separate bases as well as ones that are one-piece with the base. I'd check a local marine consignment shop, or as mentioned above, a local (or not-so-local) boat "junkyard" (I prefer the term Recycler <GRIN!>.)

The bow rail does not need to have come from another O'DAY 25 ,most are pretty generic by boat size range, obviously getting one from an O'DAY 25 may be best.... but not mandatory. The stern rail may need to be from another O'DAY 25 or 26, but you should be able to find something "close enough" that came off a different boat or from a generic source. Again, try the marine consignment stores and boat recyclers.

I know of several in my area (southeasern New England) and I think there are a few in the Annapolis, MD area, and at least one in Florida that sells surplus.... but not sure of your area of Virginia. There was a guy in Maine:

UsedSailboatStuff.com (207) 730-0181

that was parting out several boats, including O'DAY 25 parts, but the shipping for those bow and stern rails would kill any savings. Still, might be worth a call?

As I say, finding the lifeline stanchions should be easy....... the bow and stern rails...not so easy, but certainly not impossible!

Thought a diagram of the layout of the stanchions and rails that someone posted might be of some assistance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
You could also try Garhauer Marine for the stanchions.