Whats your favorite sailing / boat movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slade

Nov 24, 2010
Starwind 223 "Respite" Redwing, Mn
"Scully's catch of the day, Grouper lightly breaded cooked to a golden brown... Always liked when Scully sang the sea chanty his old mom taught him, "Love, exiting and new. Come aboard we're epecting you...." LOL Have known a lot of "A" holes like the character Richard Crenna played. Do these look real to you? Did you see the one when Papa Smurf beat the S**t out of the guy with his crutch? Fair winds and Full Sails... "

Thanks for the reminder..had me laughing out loud. Come to think of it I have met some Crennas and Scullys. Was thinking primarily about the grand finale race...if you look close you can see the prop wash...too fun.

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
Pearson 323 . St. Mary's Georgia
I know I said this in another thread. I liked the sailing scenes in Wind, but the rest of the movie was embarrassing. My wife does call our 150 the Whomper.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Nobody has ever mentioned ...

Masquerade. Kim Cattrall gets five stars (IMHO) in this movie which features some pretty nifty sailing scenes and a few beautiful boats as well.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Riddle of the Sands was a nice movie, but it has been years since it was on TV, and you can't buy it anywhere.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 278 Lyndeborough NH
Finally watched "Captain Ron" from start to finish last night. Watched "Dead Calm" earlier this week.

Potential nor'easter heading our way. Need to stock up on a few more sailing/tall ship movies.

Smithy

Dec 13, 2010
Macgregor 22 Alexandria, VA
I agree with all the above mentioned..plus I have to add "Summer Rental" with John Candy. Not the most realistic, but fun to watch them learning to love sailing....

Especially the flying of the pants.

I'm fond of the Hornblower series, M&C (who's been on the Surprise in San Diego? It's smaller than the film makes it look), all the Pirates of the Carribean movies, of course Capt. Ron, and I was a fan of the other Peter Benchley one, The Island, despite its flaws. It was an interesting premise.

Smithy

Dec 13, 2010
Macgregor 22 Alexandria, VA
Time to add another - Wake of the Red Witch.

Couple of gorgeous scenes of the schooner at sea.

Dec 26, 2009
Oday 22 cleveland
I just saw Deep Water.....amazing.
The ending was amazing as well.
The true story of Donald Crowhurst.

Status
Not open for further replies.