What year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sylvia

We are looking at purchasing a used Catalina 27. The broker is unsure of the year as it has been through a few owners in the past few years, the hull number is #3977. Would anyone have any idea what approx. year it would be?

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Transom

Look on the transom of the boat up by the rub rail. There should be a Hull ID # & I believe somewhere in there is the year the boat was built. Good luck! LaDonna

D

Donald

Catalina 27 association

I think with the number of 27s that were built 3977 is pretty low so the Hull# may not be on the transom. If you can't find it contact Phil Agure at pjagure@directcon.net on the IC27 web page.I bet they could give you an idea of the year.

B

Bruce Harkness

Should be a '78

I have Hull number 3971, a '78. The hull number is on the starboard side, just in front of the transom. I believe it is just above the rubrail. You can call Catalina and they will get you the full serial number from the four digit hull#. Been there done that.

C

Charlie Gruetzner

Year of manufacture

Following up on what LaDonna suggested It is the last two numbers ont he ID number on the hull. So that may help you, Good luck they are great boats

S

Sylvia

Thanks for responses to What Year?

We are just days away from making an offer on this boat. A very exciting time for my husband and I (and our two small children). What a summer this will be!! Thank you to all who responded. The interior needs a major overhaul, it has never been updated in the 20+ years. I would love to hear of any changes anyone has made to their interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.