What Model Jobsco Head in 2000 Hunter 340

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Chew, I think most of your questions about the Fresh Head will be answered in the owners manual for it Raritan Fresh Head owner's manual As for backflow...Unless it's caused by back pressure, 90% can be prevented no matter what make/model the toilet is by switching to dry bowl to pump bowl contents to the tank. A second flush of a little clean water will ensure that any backflow is just clean water.
--Peggie

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter 340 Oxnard CA
Bill19233,

Thanks for the reply and glad that you were there when the plastic T failed.

Chew

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter 340 Oxnard CA
Hi Peggie,
I replaced the Jobsco pump assembly and followed the operating instructions but could not completely “empty” the bowl with the Flush Control Level in shut position. Some water stays at the bottom of the bowl at the level of the base. Is that normal?
It seems that when the water reaches that level, the system loses back pressure / vacuum to pump out the rest.
Thanks.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Not quite sure I understand the problem...or if there is one. Or are you saying that water stops draining from the bowl when you stop pumping the toilet?

If that's what you're saying...manual toilets don't create any "vacuum" that continues sucking waste out of the bowl after you stop pumping. Pumping in the dry mode (flush control lever closed) is the only way to empty the bowl. It's normal for about 1/2 cup to remain in the drain.
--Peggie

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter 340 Oxnard CA
[QUOTE="Peggie Hall HeadMistress, post: 1541248, member: 35248"..
.It's normal for about 1/2 cup to remain in the drain.
--Peggie[/QUOTE]
Got it. I do have 1/2 cup remain in the drain.
Thanks very much.