What is your dream boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2012
Macgregor 26M Cave Run Lake (KY)
One that doesn't break, need bottom paint/zincs ect, all fittings/shackles/pins don't fail, lifetime batteries, and free moorage and insurance.

THAT... Is the perfect boat.
When I was younger I just dreamed of any boat ownership....and I finally bought a 1996 Hunter 27. I just love her as an inland lake sloop.
I'm with you. My next dream boat would not only be maintenance free but it would also stock endless provisions herself!
I chartered a Jeanneau 50 DS for 10 days through the Grenadines in July. It was a sweet sail but just not that one. She was languishing under too much use as a chartered vessel. A Beneteau 58 would be wonderful, as well!!
When it comes down to it though....any boat which is paid for will do.

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
My dreamboat is Maine Sails CS36. With all the upgrades and rebuilds he has done to this boat it is better than new. He probably has at least 500K into it if you include his labor at 70 bucks an hour or so.

How about a Little Harbor 46?

Sep 4, 2009
Hunter 27 Upper Chesapeake
Every once in a while I found myself wondering which boat I would buy if I could comfortably afford any boat out there.

I think I've settled on the Tartan 4700. Of course I'd be off cruising the world with it!

What do you guys like? (no megas please).
ETA: Please post pics!
I would buy the Seaward 46. But since I can't afford it I plan to buy the Seaward 32.
There are no other boats like them

Sep 4, 2009
Hunter 27 Upper Chesapeake
I would buy the Seaward 46. But since I can't afford it I plan to buy the Seaward 32.
There is no other boat like it!

Sep 25, 2011
Ericson 25+ Watkins Glen
That's easy! Would be the smallest beamiest (is that a word) boat with 6' of headroom..
my Ericson 25+

Jun 3, 2013
Hunter 356 Moss
Hunter 356

Hi.
Me and my wifes dream boat is actually the boat we own now.
It's a Hunter 356 make 2003. For us this boat is the most perfect sailboat that we've ever seen. We have been looking for a "new" sailboat for several years, but couldn't find anyone that was better for our use, than the old one we had, a Beason 31 (Swedish bulit sailboat from 1981). This was until we saw the Hunter 356. We totally fell in love with it at first sight.
Now we've experienced it for one season, and it is more than expected. Totally perfect. We sailed it both to Sweden and Denmark this year. We don't want the season to end. But we live in Norway, and now the Winter is coming soon. Then we most likely need to have the boat on shore for winter storage:cry:. Then we have to wait until April again to bring it back to the sea.

//Per-Øivind

Attachments

Jul 1, 2013
Hunter Hunter 456 Passage greece/crotia
my dream boat

my dream boat is a Sunbeam 42DS Shallow draft
(in the Med you loose more then 40% of the anchorages
with a draft over 1.8 Mt.)
never saw such a good design, good materials and equipment.
they know how to build a very good yacht those Sunbeam guys in Austria
Nahum

May 9, 2013
Catalina 310 Oyster Bay, NY
When I was in the Air Force, way back when, the two best bases were the one you just left and the one you were going to.
My two "best boats" are the C30 I just sold and the next one I buy, hopefully a C36. For right now though, our 310 is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.