What is this thing?

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
So I have owned my Catalina 22 for 3 years and there is this holder thing on the bow pulpit but I have never found a use for it. Anyone ever see one and could tell me what it is for? If I can't find a use for it then it's gone for next summer.
IMG_2872.JPG
IMG_2873.JPG

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Never mind that, but have you figured out how to get your kid to use that thing he is carrying or is it just an adornment or plaything? lol

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Never mind that, but have you figured out how to get your kid to use that thing he is carrying or is it just an adornment or plaything? lol
He was not allowed to use the leaf blower so he was sweeping the leaves off the driveway making motor sounds and circling the boat. He was a big help in off loading everything yesterday in prep for winter.

It almost looks like a fender rack...but not.
It is only about 6" long and is too small for a life ring. I asked on a different forum and some thought a line holder for coiled line but then it looks like its upside down. I am at a loss on this one but I have left it from the PO figuring I would eventually figure it out. Now I am not so sure.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Part of an anchor holder? The shank goes through the holes and something on the top rail secures it?

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Since it's only held on with a hose clamp, I'd take it off until you find a use for it.

BTW, if you really want to find out what it was used for, throw it away. The next week you will be buying one ($$$) from West Marine because it's the holder for a ...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
How about an epirb bracket or for when there's no one around to say, "Here, hold my beer and watch this!".

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
A fluke anchor. The square plate slips into the bracket
I am having trouble picturing how this works. Does the anchor shank go through the top or does it somehow fit in the lower portion? Any pictures of how it works would be great as I am a visual type guy.

Is that a manufacturer's mark? "V"?

View attachment 157597
The mark almost looks like a mountain upside down with a flag on top. I guess it could be an A I m not sure. At first I thought it was Murrys but their mark looks a bit different.

Searching google images for anchor holders did not turn up anything similar.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
I am having trouble picturing how this works. Does the anchor shank go through the top or does it somehow fit in the lower portion? Any pictures of how it works would be great as I am a visual type guy.
I believe he's referring to your bow nav light.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Yeah the nav light is on the very front of the bow and the bracket is welded in place. Make a real nice attachment. I am looking into the wire baskett holder type thing on the vertical tube that is mounted with a hose clamp.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
how big is the circle part. Looks like a good drink holder how it is currently mounted. Judging by the logo, could it be mounted upside down? Reminds me of a rod holder