What is the one thing on your boat that you like the most?

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
My boat gives me little hints that something is wrong before completely stopping to function. I’m just a little slow at realizing it. It happened again today when the onboard charger stopped working. It happened to be a heavy duty switch from the AC main to the charger. Two days ago it was buzzing minutely when the charger was running, like a fluorescent light. Today I had the service manager and tech aboard to eliminate all the possibilities, coming back to the switch. They connected both leads to one post and ordered a new switch.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
This is so funny. Everyone can list things that bug them, but only to OP could point out a specific nice feature.

With a Corsair it's easy. The folding mechanism--you get speed and seaworthiness, and yet it folds to trailer width in just 2-3 minutes with no tools.

And good rub rails. I singlehand a lot, and docking always has the potential to get weird, particularly with multihulls (wind gusts can move them fast and slips seldom fit well.) Being able to gently and safely lay a hull on a piling gives me the control to never hit another boat.
Not having rubrails would be a deal beaker for me on a cruising boat. Fenders are great, but rubrails are essential, IMO.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I really like my boat in general, but like most everyone, there are things I would do differently “next time”.
The boat is easy to sail, and relatively easy to maintain. I like the fact that it has minimal exterior teak, but If I had a choice there would be none at all. I have reached the point in my life where its easier and economically feasible to write checks for maintenance than to do it myself.
Two years out of the last five, the boat never even made it into the water because of extenuating circumstances, 2020 mostly because of Covid. I would have had ample time to work on the boat and/or use it if I wasn’t residing 1000 miles away.
The “like” part is that its a fresh water boat, normally only used about five months annually so in 15 years it has only had roughly 52 months of time in the water. Somebody is going to acquire a pretty clean boat when I sell.
I’m getting close to the second best day in a boat owner’s life.

May 19, 2016
O'day 23 Wisconsin
I really like my boat in general, but like most everyone, there are things I would do differently “next time”.
The boat is easy to sail, and relatively easy to maintain. I like the fact that it has minimal exterior teak, but If I had a choice there would be none at all. I have reached the point in my life where its easier and economically feasible to write checks for maintenance than to do it myself.
Two years out of the last five, the boat never even made it into the water because of extenuating circumstances, 2020 mostly because of Covid. I would have had ample time to work on the boat and/or use it if I wasn’t residing 1000 miles away.
The “like” part is that its a fresh water boat, normally only used about five months annually so in 15 years it has only had roughly 52 months of time in the water. Somebody is going to acquire a pretty clean boat when I sell.
I’m getting close to the second best day in a boat owner’s life.
Doug, I also do not like to "refresh" the exterior wood that came on my boat. That is why I replaced all the exterior wood with stainless steel and High density Plastic.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Somebody is going to acquire a pretty clean boat when I sell.
I'm in the same boat. Pun intended. I can't resist tinkering on Bella. Systems that have worked for 30 years but just aren't quite right get 'fixed' anyway. Just replaced two below waterline PVC ells with bronze. Many electrical upgrades....

mrreg

Jun 16, 2014
Catalina 30 8087 Alameda, CA
I smile every time I walk down the ramp to our Catalina 30 "Granted...At Last". It is truly a wish come true. Can't
beat being on the water....fiddling with a project at the slip all by myself or with friends and family enjoying a few hours of sailing

Nov 18, 2016
Hunter 260 Lucky Peak, ID
I like that the Sue Biscuit II offers maximum livability for a trailer sailor, clorox bottle.
I like that I can set it up and derig solo.
I like the ability to travel to different sailing locales at 65mph.
I especially like the: water ballasted & sugar scoop stern features which allow pulling up the board, stern tying and stepping onto a beach.

1614722275983.png

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I like that the Sue Biscuit II offers maximum livability for a trailer sailor, clorox bottle.
I like that I can set it up and derig solo.
I like the ability to travel to different sailing locales at 65mph.
I especially like the: water ballasted & sugar scoop stern features which allow pulling up the board, stern tying and stepping onto a beach.

View attachment 191005
When I stop sailing oceans, I want that boat!

dj

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I first saw a Sabre 34 Targa at a NY boat show back in the 1980s. I fell in love with Sabres. Eventually I bought a Sabre 30. At an Atlantic City Boatshow around the turn of the century I saw a Sabre 362 and dreamed of owning one. Now I own one.

Even more important, is my partner (she wasn't yet my wife, that was a month away) said OK sight unseen to putting in an offer. It is a boat she has come to love and that is the most important thing.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
The luxuries were a bigger bonus than I ever considered. I expected nice sailing manners and wasn't disappointed. I never knew how much I would enjoy refrigeration, A.C & heat, & full cockpit enclosure. @Ward H is fixing us up with a screened enclosure and we are looking forward to relief from greenheads!
Had a house in Barnegat for 20+ years, don't miss the green heads LOL