What is the keel length top to bottom?

Dec 9, 2020
Catalina 27 Eureka
C27 I believe standard fin keel.
Trying to have it pulled out and want to make sure the keel will clear. Keel bolts are gone..
need to drop it and replace as well as cut out the wood core in the step.

I drilled for samples and 2” behind the front bolt I got water before lead and before fiberglass between 0.25” and 1.625”

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
You've been asking a lot of technical questions. Have you contacted Catalina Yachts customer service about some of these? You might get some help there. good luck. BTW here's a diagram for the infamous Catalina "smile" fix. Found this by googling "catalina 27 diagrams".

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Best guess, and this is all it is, a best guess: 2' 9". This is based on a drawing from Sailboatdata.com. I took the drawing and sized it to 1:1 scale with a draft of 4' and LWL of 21' 9" and arrived at a keel depth of 2' 9".

Again, best guess. Not responsible for you pushing your keel to the top of your deck. As mentioned above, call Catalina Yachts.

Dec 9, 2020
Catalina 27 Eureka
Best guess, and this is all it is, a best guess: 2' 9". This is based on a drawing from Sailboatdata.com. I took the drawing and sized it to 1:1 scale with a draft of 4' and LWL of 21' 9" and arrived at a keel depth of 2' 9".

Again, best guess. Not responsible for you pushing your keel to the top of your deck. As mentioned above, call Catalina Yachts.
Your guess confirmed my guess thank you.

One thing to be aware of though is images can be distorted when resized to fit the page/ browser and do not scale correctly using a known dimension.

I have inserted images into AutoCAD and Solidworks many many times and have discovered this issue. IT helps to have dimensions in both X and Y so you can resize the image appropriately and re scale it in CAD programs.

Dec 9, 2020
Catalina 27 Eureka
You've been asking a lot of technical questions. Have you contacted Catalina Yachts customer service about some of these? You might get some help there. good luck. BTW here's a diagram for the infamous Catalina "smile" fix. Found this by googling "catalina 27 diagrams".
I'm pretty sure that's the shoal keel 3’ draft.
From my experience its always been a waste of time trying to get information from companies though I have never dealt with boat manufactures so I’ll give it a shot.

edit.. Nope it is the Std. keel it just looked short... Catalina 27 Std Sail Data

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I understand the distortion of images when resizing. When I do it, I ensure that both X and Y coordinates are locked. So moving either one will also move the other. I, too, learned my lesson. On my boat I did the same thing with the images and then took measurements. It was very, very close to both actual and resized image. So I have a good 95% confidence. But I still have to give the old - not responsible - statement. LOL

Good luck.