What ever happened to my Drag Queen

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Had it on my iPhone then it was gone. When I go to the App Store it’s no longer available.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
It is still on my iPhone, but it says it needs to be updated for IOS 11. But there is no update available. So it won’t work.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
It is still on my iPhone, but it says it needs to be updated for IOS 11. But there is no update available. So it won’t work.
Have you googled this problem to see if it's a known issue with iOS 11? Notified the app provider?
This is a fairly common problem when Apple updates their OS'.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Here you go.
Ha. Back in 1982 I sent that title to the radio station as the greatest rock and roll song of all time as a joke. I won the contest and my wife and I got tickets to Wozniak's US Festival. But I digress.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Aside from Kermit's diversion to the Kinks, wasn't Drag Queen an app produced by the folks at Active Captain?

AC is now owned by Garmin and they have probably stopped supporting the app as a free app has little commercial value to them.

And is Ru Paul aware of this? ;)

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Have you googled this problem to see if it's a known issue with iOS 11? Notified the app provider?
This is a fairly common problem when Apple updates their OS'.
Haven’t needed it for the past 6 months...so no. Just checked when the OP asked where it went.

Greg

Jan 11, 2014
I've had several things stop working right since iOS 11
Such is the way with technology. Software and hardware updates cause older stuff to stop working. Sort of like dacron killing off hemp lines and linen sails.

My iPad2 has been fading into dust. Fewer and fewer programs will run on it. :(

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
This happening to all Apple products.
Apple made the most significant changes in its Internet Protocol and File saving methods since 1986.
The Apple software developers mainly caught up and were pre-warned, but many are still catching up.
I would suggest contacting the app Developer for when they will update their apps.

You can guess why Apple changed. Not for profits so much, as continued user protections.
Jim...

PS: I have spent about 3 months, frantically converting my business software, I programmed, to catch up. Since it was in-house, I was caught a bit by surprise too.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
My iPad2
Mine is still working great. I only lost one program so far. I read that it was being updated too.
Jim...

PS: I have Apple products made in 2006 that have been upgraded and working like new.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
I've got an Ipad 1 that can't upgrade past 5.0 but what the hey I've got all the programs I need on it. Plus it has the internal GPS. INavX and B&G GoFree are still working. INavX will not update the program but it still updates the charts. GoFree wants to update but it still connects with the V7 MFD so....

Not spending boat bucks on things that don't move the boat. I am glancing at a new Android tablets in case the company that makes "I" things shuts me down.

Jan 11, 2014
Not spending boat bucks on things that don't move the boat. I am glancing at a new Android tablets in case the company that makes "I" things shuts me down.
Sooner or later all operating systems die a natural depth. Anyone still using Win XP?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Sooner or later all operating systems die a natural depth. Anyone still using Win XP?
It’s my favorite. But then I’d still be using 3.11 if I could. Yes I do still use XP on an older machine.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Is dying a natural depth when you toss an obsolete computer overboard?
I thought my coffee hadn't kicked in yet. I was recently told at the Apple store not to expect my iPad to survive 2 years of constant use. We just replaced the iPad and did a restore of all apps, now I have to check them all.