What do I do with PO's, uhh, leftovers?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
For those who aren't umbilically connected to their phones, most regional cruising guides note which marinas have pumpout facilities.

--Peggie

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
shot-by-ford..........I feel your pain!! Every boat (power and sail) I have purchased the PO left the holding tank at least partially full. I always sell boats with a pumped/flushed out and chemically treated holding tank. Next boat purchase I plan to require the Seller pump/flush out the holding tank and chemically treated by a professional, as a condition of sale.

I wonder if you have a service in the Seattle are that cleans out boat holding tanks. In the San Francisco Bay, one company offers a service to clean out holding tanks using a 7-day enzymatic cleaning process that will liquefy the built-up waste and render it removable YEARLY MAINTENANCE: Cluster Buster | BayGreen Marine Sanitation and Mobile Pump-Out | Helping to Keep San Francisco Bay Clean since 2006. Just had it done on new to me used boat to ensure I started with an empty and relatively sludge-free holding tank BEFORE we used it.

Last edited: