Wayfarer MKI - floor clamp- after market ideas?

Brog19

Aug 26, 2023
Wayfarer MKI Black Lake
Hi there,
I have a 1970 Wayfarer MKI and I’m missing the pieces to secure the floating wooden floorboard towards the bow and stern sides of the floorboard . I contacted Avon sailboats (where my dad purchased his first in 1974) and they said my part wasn’t original, but likely those in the forum would have figured out a great aftermarket solution. I’ve attached the photo. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
@Brog19 - apologies - I'm not understanding fully what you are showing in the photo above. Is this the connector what is missing in bow and stern or is there something missing on that photo?

It would help me if you took photos from further away to get a better overview of what you are facing.

dj

Brog19

Aug 26, 2023
Wayfarer MKI Black Lake
dj,

Thanks so much for responding.
I am not with the boat right now, but I’ll try to get more photos this afternoon.

This is the connector that is missing (I will paste another photo below where it is missing). The only thing remotely similar I’ve found online is called a window latch.

Attachments

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
A window latch is what it looks like. Not sure how it attaches to the boat. You may have to find something similar that works or fabricate a solution. Not unlikely it's a POs solution and finding those exact replacements may be nearly impossible. Have you looked in McMaster -Carr?

dj