Victoria 18 rudder missing

Sep 17, 2020
C&C, Victoria C&C 30 Mk1, Victoria 18 Bathurst N.B
I just acquired a Victoria 18 which is missing the rudder completely, is there a design or pattern somewhere showing the size and how it is attached? Also if someone had one for sale at a reasonable price let me know.
Voilier Bowie 2 mcvay victoria 18.jpg

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Welcome to SBO :)

You might want to try to use the search function of this site to see if you can find some help.

For example I found this older thread.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
The attachment points will be here

1600352761019.png

Post some close up pics of these areas. You should have gudgeons and pintles for the skeg and rudder respectively. Something like this...

1600353004809.png

You may need to build your own rudder. The search terms you will need are "skeg hung rudder" and then try "design" or "specs". I'd do a google image search if it were me and when I see something close, click on that link.

For example, I found this rather quickly

1600353192878.png

Good luck.

Sep 17, 2020

You might want to try to use the search function of this site to see if you can find some help.

Sep 17, 2020

Thanks for your reply

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
Welcome to SBO. The fastest resolution to your dilemma might be to find the previous owner of the trailer that the boat is parked on because it looks like someone may have started to take parts off of the boat to repair them. I notice that your starboard winch is also missing have you looked inside? I know this may seem as a spurious question but I ask only because I don't notice a ladder in the picture and your perfect placement in your picture of the power post. Besides a rudder you may also need a rudder shaft and tiller. Because of the apparent age of the design you are not likely to find parts that you can order off the Internet and will likely have to create your own.:)

Sep 17, 2020
yes I think building my own may be my best option