SeaTR

Jan 24, 2009
Hunter 22 Groton
6 years US Navy, Submarine Service
EM1 (SS) USS Shark SSN-591 in the '70s
3 Med runs
2 Northern runs
2 Carribean runs

A family of Sailors: Dad was a Navy Sea Bee in early 50s, 1st brother a Sub Navy Nuke also (MMCM SS), 2nd brother Navy airdale that never saw a day at sea (AT2), 3rd brother Navy on the USS "Forrest Fire" and the Guadalcanal (MS3)

We were all in the service for a short overlapping time.

Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
USMC 1976-1980. Air wing, served with squadrons VMGR-152, 252, and 352. Radio operator/Loadmaster on a KC-130.

Jul 29, 2009
Irwin 37 c.c. Cutter indian rocks beach, fl.
They wouldn't let me in the service, medical, But my son just came back from his 2nd 1 year tour in Bahgdad, He's been in 7 years and just made Staff Sergeant. His mos is communications, but he is from Fort Bragg and will now be stationed in Georgia. He said he was in one firefight while on convoy. My son n law is USAF(Major at Randolph) and 3 nephews in the Army. My wife, Hoa Mai, worked for the U.S. Army in Vietnam. My daughter lost 2 of her classmates in Iraq. For what it's worth I am an FAA certified airplane mechanic and I worked at NASJAX on the Navy Flight simulators as a contractor. Also went on a tour of the Sub Philadelphia when it was docked at Port Tampa. But this sure doesn't impress me anywhere near as much as what you guys have done. You guys would make one helluva Regatta. I am very proud of my son and all of you who have served, Thank You and God Bless You.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Hardly a man or woman is still alive that answered the call to arms on this day in 1941. I have known many and my six years of peacetime service hardly bear a mention compared to their service. I have known a few that served from North Africa to Berlin.
I have worked with and for men that were a part of the invasion of islands from New Guinea to Guam.
I still salute them all.

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
My Dad's still ticking over at 91. Jumped into Germany with Airborne Field Artillery.

Remember Pearl Harbor.

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
My dad was a POW and is still with us, captured in the invasion of Anzio, Italy. Marched to Germany. Hard to believe we are losing WWII by the thousands, everyday. May God bless every veteran.

Keep it up,
Ctskip
67N20 68' RVN

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Medic - '66-'68 Escaped VN. Europe instead. Also was assigned to ROTC boot campers while they trained to be officers.

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
Beat Army!

thought I'd get some attention on this slow Friday. Army - Navy tmrw 1730 UTC CBS and maybe AFRTS?

Rich
USN '70 - '90

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I'm still not a vet but my bro is a graduate of the USNA Class of '72 and I'll be rooting for Navy in one of my favorite college games. That's the only time I root against Army unless they happen to play the Buckeyes - my own alma mater.
Last year Navy was a well coached team that executes very well. I expect the same this year.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Interesting year with all three service schools going to bowls. Afraid, Bill, your Army team does not have much of a chance against my Navy boys.

dew

Apr 18, 2010
macgregor 26x lake martin
US Army 65-67
25th Infantry
2/27 Wolfhounds Cu Chi VN
Fought in Operation Attleboro, Nov 5, 66

Just Jon, you were with Hal Moore. I met him a few times lives near by.
Also had a good friend that was with the Gen. in the Ia Drang.

pogo2

Sep 26, 2008
Newport 30 Mklll North Tonawanda, NY
US Navy 4 yrs active 1963- 1967, 1 yr Reserve 1967-1968
USS Muliphen AKA 61- Amphibees, Gater Navy
Great Lakes Naval School
USS Saratoga CVA 60 - Seagoing airport
Buffalo, NY Naval Reserve Center
I salute all of you who have defended this great country of our's. During time of war and peace. God Bless you all'

Nov 1, 2010
Pacific Seacraft Mariah 31 St Petersburg
Army Vet

Joined the Army in 89 (as a cook) and still on active duty. Desert Shield/Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently writing this from a shipping container in Kabul. This makes 4 1/2 years deployed for me since I joined the Army. I'm just an enlisted guy.

Lived aboard 3 years while I was stationed in DC. People always asked Army guy living on a sailboat? Why didn't you join the Navy? I'd tell them that I didn't get along with the indian, the cop, or the construction worker.

Cheers!
Mike

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
US Army...68-71, 82nd Abn, Ft. Bragg, NC, USA;
E Trp., 17th Cav., 173rd Abn Bgd.; Bong Son, An Khe, Tuy Hoa, Da Lat, Pleiku
2nd Bat., 34th Armor, 25th Inf. Div. RVN. Nui Ba Den (aka Black Virgin Mountain), Tay Ninh, Cu Chi,

Dec 14, 2009
Cal 2-28 San Pedro
US Army 65-67
25th Infantry
2/27 Wolfhounds Cu Chi VN
Fought in Operation Attleboro, Nov 5, 66

Just Jon, you were with Hal Moore. I met him a few times lives near by.
Also had a good friend that was with the Gen. in the Ia Drang.
Say hello to the General and your friend for me I may know him too. hootcharts@earthlink.net

Smithy

Dec 13, 2010
Macgregor 22 Alexandria, VA
US Army, 1991-1995. Imagery Analyst. Spent a year in Korea, the rest in training or DC.

Dad was in 'nam, both granddad's were WWII, both coasts. Great-grandfather was in the Spanish-American war.

Status
Not open for further replies.