Veterans of America in our club

Mar 12, 2008
Jeanneau 49 DS San Pedro, CA
USAF, 1972 to 1976. I enlisted to travel and see the world. I ended up spending almost all the time 40 miles from where I enlisted.

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
US Army '66-'69, OCS Ft Gordon, GA class 11/67, 25th Infantry, III Corps area, Vietnam '68-'69.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
The difference is because there hasn't been a draft since 1972, ROTC during Vietnam era was the easiest way to avoid the draft, and used by thousands, not much different then heading to Canada for an extended vacay. But in the end they were proven to have made the correct decision, just shouldn't be asking to be saluted 50years later like the poor shmucks who got blown to pieces because they couldn't afford to go to college.

you would be correct if this thread had said combat vets or boots on the ground vets be it does not say that it just says vets....

and according the the us government that includes ng and reservist as well......

back before the draft ended getting drafted,enlisting in the regular armed forces and enlisting in the reserves or national guard were all legal options provided by the us...

but going to canada and burning your draft card was not....

i haven't seen anyone on here that has required a solute from anyone else...

and for you to project your sneyd opinion on reservist and national guardsmen after your own admission to being high most of the time is beyond me...based on that you should have been cortmarshelled and discharge...makes me think you never learned the Uniform code of military conduct while you were in....

and i will bet you that if you ask any lifer they will tell you that ng and reservist shouldered very well while on active duty and stayed sober......

you have shared your opinion and i have now shared mine

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
you would be correct if this thread had said combat vets or boots on the ground vets be it does not say that it just says vets....

and according the the us government that includes ng and reservist as well......

back before the draft ended getting drafted,enlisting in the regular armed forces and enlisting in the reserves or national guard were all legal options provided by the us...

but going to canada and burning your draft card was not....

i haven't seen anyone on here that has required a solute from anyone else...

and for you to project your sneyd opinion on reservist and national guardsmen after your own admission to being high most of the time is beyond me...based on that you should have been cortmarshelled and discharge...makes me think you never learned the Uniform code of military conduct while you were in....

and i will bet you that if you ask any lifer they will tell you that ng and reservist shouldered very well while on active duty and stayed sober......

you have shared your opinion and i have now shared mine
Well stated, Woodster.

Jan 22, 2008
NorSea 27 Az., Doing the To-Do list
you Would Be Correct If This Thread Had Said Combat Vets Or Boots On The Ground Vets Be It Does Not Say That It Just Says Vets....

And According The The Us Government That Includes Ng And Reservist As Well......

Back Before The Draft Ended Getting Drafted,enlisting In The Regular Armed Forces And Enlisting In The Reserves Or National Guard Were All Legal Options Provided By The Us...

But Going To Canada And Burning Your Draft Card Was Not....

I Haven't Seen Anyone On Here That Has Required A Solute From Anyone Else...

And For You To Project Your Sneyd Opinion On Reservist And National Guardsmen After Your Own Admission To Being High Most Of The Time Is Beyond Me...based On That You Should Have Been Cortmarshelled And Discharge...makes Me Think You Never Learned The Uniform Code Of Military Conduct While You Were In....

And I Will Bet You That If You Ask Any Lifer They Will Tell You That Ng And Reservist Shouldered Very Well While On Active Duty And Stayed Sober......

You Have Shared Your Opinion And I Have Now Shared Mine
Right On!

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin

+1

Apr 11, 2014
Hunter 260 Lake Lanier
USAF SSG 1999-2005, Pope AFB, Osan AFB, Kuwait, Afghanistan. Mostly with the 74th Flying Tigers as an A-10 Crew Chief. The A-10 was my first love, our H260 my second.

Mar 19, 2010
Hunter 1997 376 Ventura, CA
Ahoy All
U.S. Navy 68-72 (Machinery Repairman First class)I was on 5 Ships. Spent most of my time in Vietnam waters. Transferred to Reserve and spent 24 years total. Traveled all over in supporting our mission. (Retired.)

A solute to all Veterans and Active Duty Military Members.

Gary
MR1 Retired

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
Re: Vets Roll Call

US Army...68-71, 82nd Abn, Ft. Bragg, NC, USA;

E Trp., 17th Cav., 173rd Abn Bgd.; Bong Son, An Khe, Tuy Hoa, Da Lat, Pleiku

2nd Tour: HHC 2nd Bat., 34th Armor, 25th Inf. Div. RVN. Nui Ba Den (aka Black Virgin Mountain), Tay Ninh, Cu Chi

USAR Inactive 71-73

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Gloucester, VA
USAF 1978-1999 Ground Radio Comm Maintenance, McConnell AFB, Argentia NFLD, Silvercreek NE, Comiso Sicily, Tinker AFB, Desert Storm, Elmedorf, AK, Langley AFB (where we picked up sailing). Retired MSgt

MIRon

Jul 21, 2012
MacGregor 26M Presque Isle, MI
US Navy cryptologic officer 1978 -1987
78 -81 Rota, Spain direct support deployer in Med and Black Sea (two Freedom of Seas runs). Mostly small boys: Macdonough, Hewes, Spruance, Caron, Hancock.
81 -83 NPG School Monterey, CA
83 - 87 NSG HQ project officer and Chief Surface Section

88 - 2009 DoD civilian Systems Acquisition manager, systems engineer, and a stint in modeling and simulation.

Dec 29, 2009
Hunter 380 Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA
Ok, Chief RA..thanks for asking. I spent 25yrs in the USN: 4yrs as a Radioman, and 21yrs as a Supply Corps Officer. Tours included Amphib ship, Submarine, Fast Stores (cargo) Ship, Hospital Ship, Air Station, and staff tours at a supply center, Surface Type Commander, and with the SEABEES. Also spent 10yrs as a civilian working with the SEABEEs and other Expeditionary Forces. I was lucky to be able to serve in almost every Navy community. The Navy is everywhere and doing great things. It was a privlege to serve.

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
USAF 70-74 81 TFW, RAF Bentwaters, UK. Target Intelligence.

Those of you who also did not serve in combat - you went where they sent you. If they had sent you to a combat zone, that is where you would have served. No shame in having not been sent there. They had slots to fill all over the world, and they filled them as they needed. Thank each of you for your service!

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
/student pilot-Navy two years till Viet Nam was over.
Father Army aviation WWII/Korean war as forward artillery observer. Flew for Patton.
Uncle Army WWII/Korean war Liberated Baden Baden concentration camp.
I believe it was that one.

The fact all of you served, I stand and salute you and thank you Chief for bringing this up. What many today do not realize, you gave your life to serve and protect the United States risking your lives for which I am grateful. Words will never express how I truly appreciate your service.

I had been talking with a Captain years ago only on the phone but would not divulge where he was at. He called and told me to meet him at his boat which he was going to buy just after he stepped off the plane. I met him at the coast where the boat was at. Found out he was calling from a desert in Afghanistan and was chided for looking at sailboats only, not women, on the internet in the middle of the desert. I could not resist and laughed but then I sold that boat at my cost and threw in more. I was grateful for what he did there and nearly was killed too.

Apr 21, 2014
MacGregor Venture 22 Launched, San Diego,CA
Diesel Boat Sailor. Engineman PO2(SS)

Diesel Boat Sailor Forward Engine Room. Qual Boat 1959 SeaCat 399, Archerfish 311,Irex 482. Brother EN2(SS) 1966-1969 sailed on Sterlet and Medrigal. I am a member of USSVI Submarine Veterans Las Vegas Base 51. Passed Base CMDR,Vice-CMDR now COB and Chaplain.

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
We've got a few Dolphin wearers here!

ET1(SS) 1980-1992 USS Haddo (SSN-604) and USS Flying Fish (SSN-673) with a tour as an electronics instructor at SubSchool between boats.

Apr 21, 2014
MacGregor Venture 22 Launched, San Diego,CA
#navyvet,A WWII Army vet And a dad that built ships

History My uncle served in the Army in WWII he only had one eye. Joining the Navy was the least I could do to repay America My Uncle Were from Warsaw, Poland. My dad was a welder in the ship-yard in Long Beach. I joined the navy in 1958 and volunteered for Submarines. Served on three Diesel subs the Sea Cat ss399,Archerfish ss311 and the Irex ss482. Left the Navy after one tour as a Engineman PO2 (SS), My brother also on Diesel Subs on the Sterlett and the Medrigal. Served from 1966-1969 Also a EN2(SS). Nephew served in the Navy in the Seventy's was on an air crew Anti Submarine Warefare.
My most sincere thanks to those who served our country in the armed services. "Thanks" seems like such an inadequate word, particularly in light of recent events.
My bro was 1972 grad of USNA, I think company 34. Was a career officer . Dad a Navy Dentist I WWII.
I'm glad this thread started. I 'm learning about some of you and that gives depth to your posts. I was going to post something like this for Veterans Day. But an early start is good.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
LCDR, US Navy
Aviator from Kosovo, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq (and numerous other places)
Retiring in 90 days.