Vestibular neuritis?

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Happy to hear you have fully recovered! My Dad would complimentary - refer to you as a “tough bird” :)

I’m Canadian and KNOW a toque will keep you warm in all conditions :)

On a more serious note a laminated sheet with all your meds and emergency contacts on it would be very useful info.
I have a couple of woolen watch caps on the boat already. Pitching one into the bag is an excellent suggestion!

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Hi. I finally got around to looking over some pics I took. Just for fun, and FYI, you can see why it is called "Hen Rock."

The ICON of Hen Rock Cove, Santa Catalina Island, October 2020. Me boat is anchored in 60-61 ft, I estimate <1000 ft away.

HenRock.jpg

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Don’t you just love place names that have meaning? It’s easy to see why thats called Hen Rock Cove, why Lacy Falls has its name and why Skookumchuck got it’s name. ( coast Salish for strong water which suites a reversible 365D7B3B-17C8-42B2-A575-0B23B3C81B59.jpeg tidal currents that reaches 20 knots.)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It is an incredible place I anticipate seeing once the border opens.
For now her are a couple of videos.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
I occasionally get ocular migraines, which though generally harmless, give a different sort of visual impairment and very little warning. It is not painfull, you vision just develops large sparkly blind spots. They can prevent reading, for example.

The worst I was ever hit was leading a difficult pitch on rock, 100 feet off the deck standing on pretty much nothing. I could not see enough to procede, so I just stayed there untill it abated a little, and then felt my way to the top. When I got to the ground a juice pack solved the problem in minutes.

On a boat I would have faced a similar challenge; figure out how to stabilize the boat and then try to treat the problem. Yes, big type would certainly help, and I keep several spare pairs of glasses on the boat.

Thanks for sharing.