• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Vendée Globe?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Greenport, NY
I'll look for some of those videos. I have to admit my patience is tested with that site.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Tillotson Pearson J/36 Southport, CT
Are you going here: Official website of the Vendée Globe - Vendée Globe - En. ?

If you click on "the race" in the menu bar, it gives you access to the videos, tracking, stats, and the skippers and boats.
The French version gives a bit more information, with exchanges with more outside experts and competitors from earlier races than the English one.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I’m beginning to wonder how much help foils are for long distance non-crewed races. Seven of the first fifteen boats are non foiling.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Greenport, NY
The foils have been a bane to a number of boats. There is the out breakage. The damage to the housing. The inability to sail on both gybes. Having to slow the boat to decrease possible damage. Their benefit in this type of race is open to question.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Makes you wonder if the foilers are actually deploying them. Have to look at the videos to see...

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
This is going to be an interesting finish. Top 8 boats within 100 nm. Jean le Cam in 8th still has his 12hr. ? redress for the rescue which essentially puts him right up front.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
The Jury has allotted Jean LeCam 16 hours and 15 minutes redress because of his rescue efforts. The leaders still have the doldrums coming up. They may not be as quick a trip as they were on the way outbound.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
A restart for the top 9 with 4300 miles to go. It will be interesting to see how the next few days turn out.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
I must admit I really wanted Alex Thomas to win but since he has been out; Boris Herman has fast become my favorite. I hope he wins as I believe he would be the first German to win the race and he is so much fun to watch. My son and I watch the updates almost every evening together (he is 11:)). Amazing that it is so close after so many miles.