Upholstry..

TommmD

Jul 22, 2014
Hunter Legend 355 Portsmouth, RI
Anyone use an underlayment for their boat cushions? My aft cabin came with a piece of very open weave. about 1" thick, with a cover layer. Great for keeping a layer of air underneath. The woman doing new cushions has no idea what it is or where to get more.

2nd question, that same aft cabin has headliner glued to the hull interior & after 20 years of sloshing around the bottom edge is soiled & the glue is lifting, I hate the idea of pulling it all off & grinding the glue off. Unless I can haul it out to a body shop - car guys won't come to the yard - wondering if there are better ideas than cutting off the bottom 6 inches & piecing in a replacement.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Got the Hypervent last December. Great product. Significantly reduced moisture under the mattress. Easy install, holding up well.

TommmD

Jul 22, 2014
Hunter Legend 355 Portsmouth, RI
Thx guys!! Thats the stuff. Just need to measure & order. Love it when the searching for what you need doesn't become all-consuming & I can move on with getting the job done. Happy sailing.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome! knew I'd seen that stuff before but could not remember its name. Took a bit of playing with words before Mr. Google responded correctly.