Unobtainable fairlead?

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
This piece, called a "swiveling stanchion mount roller furling fairlead", should do it. The link will show three versions at bottom of page.
My man! I thought I'd seen something similar to that bullseye. Thanks for doing the Googling!

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Not only do most of these additional blocks look like crap, they are in the realm of toe buster. With that, I'd recommend a 7403 Harken furling lead block to resolve the line issues. Out of the way, and looks cool too.
View attachment 145951
View attachment 145954
Although the Harken furling lead block looks nice, it won't work in this instance. The bow pulpit tube where the block needs to be located is not vertical and therefore the furling line would not make a fair transition into and out of the sheaves on the Harken lead block.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2011
Not only do most of these additional blocks look like crap, they are in the realm of toe buster. With that, I'd recommend a 7403 Harken furling lead block to resolve the line issues. Out of the way, and looks cool too.
It is a damned nice fairlead. Lessee, 35 bucks from Downwind Marine or 50 bucks from Harken...

Unless SBO carries something like the 35 dollar one.

Feb 20, 2011
Although the Harken furling lead block looks nice, it won't work in this instance. The bow pulpit where the block needs to be located is not vertical and therefore the furling line would not make a fair transition into and out of the sheaves on the Harken lead block.
Ayup.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
I took off the one on the bow rail, the angle was similar to the JSG installation and too narrow an angle to worry about. The 7403 will accommodate a failrly large entry/exit angle.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Not sure I understand your drift. Can you help out a drooling fool?
I'm probably not making any sense. I think the thread is on to better solutions. My idea was to run the furling line through the same block, but on the inside end of the block. Inside being towards the centerline of the boat. It's be backward. Clear? Maybe I should have skipped that Rabbie Burns Dinner last night?

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Seems obvious, but apparently not so much in reality. Maybe people think the line will fall in the lake :)

Feb 20, 2011
Ta-da!
20180217_181752.jpg Thanks to all for their input, especially @Joe for finding the fairlead for me!