Universal 25 Overheating and Diesel leaking

Sep 18, 2024
Catalina 36 Detroit
I’ve had issues recently with my Universal M25 overheating after 5-10 minutes of run time. I’ve replaced the thermostat, coolant pump, impeller and a few of the hoses and verified the heat exchanger isn’t clogged. I bled the air out and made sure the coolant was flowing thru the thermostat housing yet the engine still overheats after 10 minutes or so. It seems like thermostat isn’t opening at the proper temperature or the coolant isn’t circulating through the heat exchanger for some reason. Please help me and give me ideas to check anything I haven’t thought of already.

Also, while working on all of those repairs I noticed a diesel leak that appears to be coming from the high pressure fuel line, not where it connects to the injector but from the other side (what I assume is the fuel pump but I’m not 100% certain, I circled the area I’m referring to in the attached picture).

IMG_3974.jpeg

The engine sounds good while running so I don’t believe it’s causing any air bubbles but I still need to fix it. I’ve tried to search for replacement parts but haven’t found anything. Can anyone recommend the proper parts or maybe an upgrade over the old metal lines?

Thank you!