Ugly, Ugly Sailboats

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
While i absolutely love boats like Tom's, and would love to own a marina full of various types.
.... I would love to own this:

1611632872439.png

Sailed to both poles by Amir Klink decades ago. Froze in the Antarctic ice for a winter.

Beautiful like a Unimog truck.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Regarding the Jag above: I took my girlfriend to look at a new 1968 Jaguar XKE Roadster in the showroom and informed her that I was thinking of buying it. She suggested that we could either buy the Jag or get married. I now have eleven Grandchildren.

May 29, 2018
Canel 25 foot Shiogama, japan
She suggested that we could either buy the Jag or get married. I now have eleven Grandchildren.

Yes, but have the grandchildren been tested in a wind tunnel.

BTW congrats, Roy

gary

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Excellent feedback, I actually looked up BVI charter with the 3 cabin 440 and we are looking at date options thus year now. We have been on a few 440s, all new or very little use and not charter. This will be very helpful for my wife to live in one first and really see what we are getting.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Enzo Ferrari described the XKE as “The most beautiful car ever made”.
Enzo was right.
I have long felt that every OTHER jaguar was ugly. Unless you include the recent e-type looking jag. Alas they are even more unreliable than the original. Still cheaper than kids and some wives though. :biggrin:

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
@JRT some added thoughts about the 440 - there is no starboard cockpit locker, as that space is given over to headroom in the guest cabin. So, there aren't any true cockpit lockers (all that space is guest cabin headroom, closed on starboard but open above to the cockpit seat lid on the port side). There is a small storage "garage" behind the transom that could be used for fenders or a liferaft (not both), but it might not be large enough for a roll-up dinghy. (We used it for snorkel equipment and trash bags on our charter). So that nice large bow locker really is important, but only for things like fenders/light air sails or docklines -- as it's not easily accessed in rough seas.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Regarding the Jag above: I took my girlfriend to look at a new 1968 Jaguar XKE Roadster in the showroom and informed her that I was thinking of buying it. She suggested that we could either buy the Jag or get married. I now have eleven Grandchildren.
There was a guy in LI NY that had a V12 XKE. He had a bumper sticker that read "ahhh, but when it runs".
There's no doubt in my mind that the E-type roadster was the sexiest car ever made.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
"Well, I left my Jag in Kansas City" - Grover Muldoon (Richard Pryor)