Tropical Depression 10

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The storm that over Central Florida the last two days is entering the Atlantic on east coast and spin up.

The HIGH pressure front that caused Harvey to stall will push it North East along the GA, SC & NC coast line.
____
The bad news, is it will "Bucket Brigade" evaporated water from Atlantic and Rain on the coast.
The good news, is it will not Stall Out. but move fast out to Sea by Wednesday.
_______

There is a large new African wave that is following the South Atlantic track that Harvey followed, before Harvey hid out in the Yucatan. If it spins up, we will know by Wednesday. Regardless, the Lesser Antilles will be the first to see it.
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
There is a large new African wave that is following the South Atlantic track that Harvey followed
That Wave will go tropical in next few days!

It is midway between Africa and the Lesser Antilles and moving fast West at ≈15 mph. That puts the storm on the Antilles by Fri-Sat.

There is a major HIGH pressure in the Atlantic that will maintain the storm South of historic paths.
At this time, another HIGH over Colorado looks to keep the storm South and maybe prevent a Gulf entry.

Keep a weather eye out on this storm.
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Slacker.
My mind was distracted as parts of Harvey were passing over me this morning.:p

BTW the timing of the new storm is critical. Harvey had nearly died and got revived by the LOW trough that it sucked into the Gulf and the next HIGH stalled it out.:(
Jim...

PS: Four boats in our marina had their biminis and dodgers ripped off by Harvey gusts. Our boat is good.:)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I was kidding, of course.
Yeah yeah... you just forgot the proper title...
CAPTAIN Slacker!
________
wind gusts
Not sure ,but we were in a Tornado Watch, 2 times today. We had a water spout 2 yrs ago and I posted pictures in the forae of the impact. We lost our solar cover on the bimini then, but someone found it and it was not damaged.

Want a guess? 60 mph sustained gust.
Jim...

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
The next one on the way from Africa worries me.

All of the storms that cause us issue are four letters and begin with a vowel Ivan, Opal, Erin, etc...

The next one is Irma, not good news.