Transom shower spray handle

Nov 30, 2007
Hunter 36 Forked River, NJ
The transom shower sprayer has not seen a great deal of use over the years, but the old plastic parts must be dried out, damaged, and/or otherwise blocked, as it only manages a trickle after 20 years. I am sure the problem isn't upstream because when I detached it from the hose, water flows really well. I'm pretty sure it's an original part - the label indicated it was sold by SSI. It looks like Catalina Direct only sells newer (2005+) transom shower and parts. Has anyone found a replacement part for a broken shower handle? Because it's hardly used, I'd be fine with any kind of sprayer nozzle that will fit the hose and fit the compartment. A solution that could double as a spraydown hose for the deck would be a plus. Any suggestions?

Nov 30, 2007
it looks sorta similar to, but not exactly this (the current version in CD):
1589831781199.png

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Unless you want something that is "sort of similar" and $$$, you might just check out Hand Showers online or even the sprayer shown by @justsomeguy . They are likely pennies on the dollar.
US $20.68 30% OFF|MAIDEER Chrome ABS Sprayer hand held toilet bathroom bidet spray shattaf spray factory sale toilet shower head jet set MD N39|toilet shower|bathroom bidethand held toilet - AliExpress. $21
CD. Shower Head for Cockpit Shower #Z3539. $38.75
1589832532677.png $11.60 on Amazon

Or
Aft-Deck Shower System

Aft-Deck Shower System image
right here on SBO...

Make your choice pick your poison.

Nov 30, 2007
Unless you want something that is "sort of similar" and $$$, you might just check out Hand Showers online or even the sprayer shown by @justsomeguy . They are likely pennies on the dollar.
US $20.68 30% OFF|MAIDEER Chrome ABS Sprayer hand held toilet bathroom bidet spray shattaf spray factory sale toilet shower head jet set MD N39|toilet shower|bathroom bidethand held toilet - AliExpress. $21
CD. Shower Head for Cockpit Shower #Z3539. $38.75
View attachment 179324 $11.60 on Amazon

Or
Aft-Deck Shower System

Aft-Deck Shower System image
right here on SBO...

Make your choice pick your poison.

Nov 30, 2007
My bigger concern is fit and function. If it fits in the transom shower box, and matches the threads on the existing hose, and allows the water to flow, that would be great. It's a pretty narrow hose with a narrow threaded fitting. If I could replace with a home depot sink sprayer, I'll gladly do it. Are these parts and threads fairly standard?