Trailering a 25.7 or a 25S ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2013
Beneteau 25s Montréal
Tks, is it for sell and new? A25s not a 20? Merci of your reply....
Happy sailing!!

Mar 19, 2013
Beneteau First 38 Chicago
Pretty sure it's a 25 S on a trailer. The glare from the 45 was bedazzling me. They also have a nontrailer one. Both navy blue.

May 4, 2013
Beneteau 25s Montréal
Thank you all for the info, it 's a fixed keel... I'm not to hplease with the Chicago dealer chat I had.... I will have to keep on keep on searching ....

May 6, 2013
Beneteau 37 New Buffalo
Thank you all for the info, it 's a fixed keel... I'm not to hplease with the Chicago dealer chat I had.... I will have to keep on keep on searching ....
You weren't interested in the fixed keel First 25 they had in stock?

May 6, 2013
Beneteau 37 New Buffalo
Just took delivery of our 37 from them. Saw their 25 it's a fixed keel, 20 is on a trailer and lifting keel. Those are nice boats. You are in Montreal , doesn't a Canadian Beneteau rep carry one?

May 4, 2013
Beneteau 25s Montréal
Hello all! I m Trying to buy the new 25s, it s not easy to do at all.... Dealers don't have it in stock + the try to sell me a bigger boat..... 31 or 34 ...39! I Email Beneteau 5 or 6 times and nothing back from them.... Can I see on live? I like to have it on a trailer too.
No,@ChilakeCruiser....

May 6, 2013
Beneteau 37 New Buffalo
That blue 45 they were delivering was stunning. My next boat. :). Love the brand- this is our third.

Mar 19, 2013
Beneteau First 38 Chicago
We just bought our first real boat, a 1984 First 38. Can't wait to get it launched. replacing bilge, seacocks and a thru hull fitting. The quality of finish is what led us to it.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Bonjour Marc!

Sorry to hear about your difficulty finding a First 25 to look at. Its clear that at first only the biggest dealers are taking one on speculation. But they are selling, which is good. Its an odd size for Beneteau dealers who have gotten used to starting at 31 feet... The 25 is almost as much work to sell but they make much less. And like any salesperson, they will often try and talk you into whatever boat they have sitting at the yard. I assume that has been your experience.

Our First 260 (same boat) is on a trailer. We move it from storage to the club each year. We could go on trips but do not.... that's just us not wanting to re-rig.... its a big job, but doable.

The fixed keel boats are very nice but the lifting keel has unique advantages.... in skinny waters of the great lakes (or inland lakes) she can go into anchorages and harbors off limits to deeper boats. With the water levels on Lake Michigan, I suspect Karma has thought twice about the choice of stocking a fixed keel. But of course the lifting keel cost more, and then you have to factor the trailer into what is already an expensive (+US$90K) boat.

All and all we love it and are very happy to see them in North America... happy to not be the only one on the continent! If you come to Minneapolis you can have a sail on ours!

Some pix from the boat show

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
@Jackdaw
Ok, thanks... Is your boats equipped with lifting keel?
Yes, its is the one (BlueJ) in the pictures one the first page of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.