Trailering a 25.7 or a 25S ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
:redface:Ok, didn't realize it!
No problem... we have two boats but you can only put one by your avatar. So mine says 36.7 and the 260 slides by unnoticed!

Nov 8, 2010
Do you know a EASY in and out Rollers trailer for weekend trip?
Not sure what you are asking.... about a boat, or a trailer?

Boat generally get harder to launch and retrieve as they get bigger. shallow draft and good keel guides on the trailer help. But big is big!

Nov 8, 2010
Ah. Mine was made in the UK by Hayling, so not much help to you. BeneteauUSA might have an idea; there is not a trailer on the price list but I think that they have had some made. Most decent manufactures could make one after a series of measurements off the boat.

Nov 8, 2010
Just thought you might like :)
Jumeau,

Thanks for sharing those! I had no idea you were the owner of Animal! As a fellow 260 owner, my deepest condolences for your loss. If I may, can I ask what happened?

Jumeau

Jun 30, 2013
Beneteau 25.7 Courtown Harbour
Jumeau,

Thanks for sharing those! I had no idea you were the owner of Animal! As a fellow 260 owner, my deepest condolences for your loss. If I may, can I ask what happened?
Many Thanks Jackdaw.
The Shortened version is that we were T boned on the start line by a 40ft J and for good measure hit again by a 38ft X boat. We were hit so hard that we " Bananaed" and actually split open on the opposite side to the side we were hit. Then as she spun us she caught our Starboard rudder and opened the transom.. she sank in about 10 mins. .. However an airlock in the bow kept her afloat long enough for the RNLI to tow her to shallow water from where she was recovered 2 days later . And ... She has been lovingly rebuilt by her new owner and now competes against us :).
In fact in the pic of the 3 boats she is the lead boat, you can just see her distinctive sail no. IRL 260 5 , now called Sarrissa.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.