Trailer tires

jbrock

Jul 12, 2009
Macgregor 25 Regent Point Marina, Virginia
The trailer tires on my M25 look to be dry-rotted. I assume I need to replace them. Is there a good place to get trailer tires online? What size tires do I need? I can’t make out the letters on the tires. Thanks.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Why on-line? Are you buying the tire on the rim? If you are not getting tires on the rim, you will still need to take them someplace to have them installed.

If you want to buy them on the rim, then you don't need to see the numbers on your existing tires. The "size" is to make sure they fit the rim. But you do want to get the correct diameter and lug pattern. You can buy good trailer tires on the rim at "Tractor Supply".

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Monterey
In addition to new tires, rest assured that you will need to have the bearings packed and sealed. While you’re at it, don’t forget the wench and wiring. I had all that done last November to the tune of $1,100. If you’re willing to it yourself, and if you have the necessary equipment I’m sure you’ll save a lot. Safety first!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
TireRack partners with local tire places to get them mounted if you want to go online.
As said, be sure to give the bearings, brakes etc attention too.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Are your tires wearing even across the tread? the axle on the M25 is a bit light for the job and can sag over time. when I bought my 25 I put new tires with rims from Wal Mart on it and by the end of the first season the tread on the inner edge of the tires was gone. upon further inspection I could see that the axle looked like an old swayback ranch horse. I removed the axle and straightened/aligned it, as well as welding on a reinforcement truss, then went by Les Schwab and bought some higher load range tires more suited to a heavily loaded single axle trailer. tires still look like new 2 years later
P1040519.jpg
. well worth it for the peace of mind.