trailer sailing a capri 18

Apr 6, 2014
catalina capri 18 carlyle lake, il
capt don. finally sailed the capri yesterday. was able to step the mast alone (just walked it up). happily the trailer had a built in extension otherwise i wouldnt have been able to launch it. almost as easy as my com-pac 16. the mercury motor worked perfectly. only problem was a tired mainsail. thats got to go. but we did make 5 knots before a storm front ran us off the lake. unrigged easily (no furler) and my s 10 had no problem towing her. guess i found my boat after all. cant thank you enough for your advice and support. if you ever get back this way give me a yell and we will go out for a day

Apr 6, 2014
catalina capri 18 carlyle lake, il
i just wish there was an easy way to step the mast singlehanded with the cdi furler on. i had to borrow a hank on jib for a com-pac 19 which didnt work that great----hey anyone have a hank on for my boat they want to sell?

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Here you go, new Capri-18 head sail, installing hanks would be cheap:

http://sbo.sailboatowners.com/index...ce&page=show_ad&catid=19&adid=4764&Itemid=204

My original roller furling headsail on my Capri-18 was modified by a local loft for under $100.

Glad you enjoyed the boat, just wait, you'll LOVE it! Not only a good looking boat, but very stable and performs very nice!

Someday we'll return to your area on the Alton Pool for some GREAT Mississippi River sailing!

Don