Trailer needed - Ericson 26

Sep 24, 2020
Ericson 26 Erie PA. destination
Hi all, I need to purchase or rent a trailer made for or that would work on an 1987 Ericson 26.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

If this is a one-off transport suggest a sailboat transporting company like the one below:

If you want to purchased used trailer might find one here: Sailboat Trailer for sale | eBay

If you want to purchase a new trailer try these guys:

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Hi all, I need to purchase or rent a trailer made for or that would work on an Ericson 26.
I don't have the answer to your question, but you might find it helpful in your search to specify whether you have the late 60's vintage Ericson 26 designed by William Crealock or the 1980's Ericson 26's designed by Bruce King. They are altogether different boats. Also, if you have the 80's Bruce King design, you could also include trailers for the 25+ in your search, as that is the same hull. Also keep in mind that the King designs had various keel configurations, so you'd of course have to confirm that as well.

Sep 24, 2020
Ericson 26 Erie PA. destination
I don't have the answer to your question, but you might find it helpful in your search to specify whether you have the late 60's vintage Ericson 26 designed by William Crealock or the 1980's Ericson 26's designed by Bruce King. They are altogether different boats. Also, if you have the 80's Bruce King design, you could also include trailers for the 25+ in your search, as that is the same hull. Also keep in mind that the King designs had various keel configurations, so you'd of course have to confirm that as well.
Thanks Alan, I did update the post with the year made, '87. I'm still waiting to find out the keel type, will know in the morning but I suspect it is wing.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
You might want to search for a cradle that can be used to store the boat on land, or mount it on a flat bed trailer. This might work better since you live in an area where winter haul outs are common.