Toilet Replacement 373

Pfloyd

Oct 29, 2018
Beneteau 373 Clear Lake Texas
I am thinking about upgrading my toilet from a Jabsco manual to an electric. Considering Dometic and Raritan. I understand there are some issues with pump head pressure because the tank is vertical. I was wondering if anyone has made this change, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Especially with what will fit in the 373. This is a two cabin layout, Thanks

Pfloyd

Oct 29, 2018
Beneteau 373 Clear Lake Texas
Thanks very much, I have read that the Raritans are very good about tanks above the head. I was actually more concerned about what type of toilet would fit. I was looking at the Raritan Elegance but I think it will be too big. The one you installed appears very similar in size to the Jabsco I am removing. I will also need to use freshwater as the water where I normally sail creates an odor problem worse than the septage. Thanks for the feedback

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
I was actually more concerned about what type of toilet would fit. I was looking at the Raritan Elegance but I think it will be too big.
Ah yes, I did the same investigation. I wanted the bigger bowl of the Elegance, but there was no way it would fit comfortably. Good luck!

Sep 6, 2011
Beneteau Oceanis 373 Starr, SC
Several years ago I purchased a Jabsco electric toilet conversion kit for our ‘07 B373. It was a well needed upgrade.

May 29, 2016
Beneteau 343 Westbrook, CT
I replaced Jabsco Head on my 343 with Raritan Freshead. Fit same bolt pattern as Jabsco. Raritan has strong pump. I have had so many issues with Jabsco. Replace pump once and joker valve 2-3 times. Jabsco joker valve poorly made and folds with pressure from water column to top of holding tank. Poor choice by Beneteau.

May 29, 2016
Beneteau 343 Westbrook, CT
Rarity joker is better. Install vertical. Raritan has stronger pump plus the fresh water was a great benefit.