Tip: Show only the forums I want!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Discussion abounds about wanting to see only the forums I want. So, how do I do that?

Open the forum of your choice.
Click on Forum Tools
Click on Subscribe to Forum

Do this to all the forums you want to see when you open SBO Forums.

Now, on the top tab bar, click on Forums.
Bottom of the drop down selection find and click on Your Control Panel.
You should now see only the forums you have subscribed to.

Bookmark that url. Next time you come to SBO, click on that bookmark and you will display only the forums you want. No other.

Enjoy

n624ma

Jan 27, 2007
Hunter 33_77-83 Groton Ct
I can't find "Thread Tools"

Brian, I logged in, I read the directions, went to Ask All Sailors and tried every drop down, But I can't find "Forum Tools".
Where is it?

I'm also having a problem with extremely long load times between pages (several seconds) but I don't have a similar problem on other boards, ( XP,IE6.0 SP3)

Feb 17, 2006
I'm having the same problem with load time. Might be external.

Here is an image of where the Forum Tools are located.

Attachments

n624ma

Jan 27, 2007
Hunter 33_77-83 Groton Ct
Slow to Load

Brian, Thanks for the help on "Show only the forums I want"
Any ideas on the slow to load issue, it is taking 3-5 seconds to go from screen to screen. ( I'm on XP and IE 6.0 and I'm still not sure about those newfangled three cornered sails)

Feb 17, 2006
Re: Slow to Load

Nope. I think Phil is still uploading the archives. He has a lot of data to bring over from the old site.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Re: Slow to Load

Chances are it's a routing problem (something running slow on a network between you and us), but be sure your browser cache is turned on. There's a lot of junk on these pages that will load better if you browser puts them in your local memory.