Thru-Hull Stats

Mar 24, 2012
O'Day 40 BC Coast
The Trudesign composites are designed to last the life of the boat. My composite thru hulls will never degrade from stray currents or dissimilar metal galvanic corrosion. I've had them 9 years and they are still as good as when they were installed. They never need maintenance and are never sticky. Marelon valves have a well known habit of sticking and you cannot be sure of the condition of any metal thru hull after the boat has been in the water a few years.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Back in the Chesapeake
The Trudesign composites are designed to last the life of the boat. My composite thru hulls will never degrade from stray currents or dissimilar metal galvanic corrosion. I've had them 9 years and they are still as good as when they were installed. They never need maintenance and are never sticky. Marelon valves have a well known habit of sticking and you cannot be sure of the condition of any metal thru hull after the boat has been in the water a few years.
Trudesign provides a 24 month warranty - at least according to their web site. The material (while I could not find the exact spec) is a glass reinforced nylon. That material absorbs water. while slower then a standard nylon, it does occur. Therefore this material does degrade over time. I'm sure they are an excellent product. But like I said before - there is no magic bullet....

jd