The weather guesser said snow..... They lied, worst flooding since Hurricane Isabel

Aug 19, 2021
Hunter 280 White House Cove Marina
Waded thru 30" of water to get home. I am standing in 6" of water watch my scanoe escape....

Good news it is supposed to freeze tonight. What a Charlie Foxtrot.

• Wow
Aug 19, 2021
Catching the Scanoe

Living in a fishing village does have advantages. Neighbor is a waterman you can see his crab pots

Aug 19, 2021
Sick joke time.

Amazon/Whole Foods say they deliver in one hour.

I bet they don't today :laugh:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
If the weather genie is correct, you will be ice skating like the Dutch, or folks in Wisconsin, about the neighborhood.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Saturday morning:
Finally had power restored last night after being down since Monday morning. Gotta love Dominion Power (not). 7-9 inches of admittedly wet snow on Monday and Central Virginia comes to a standstill. I’d hate to see how they would handle lake effect snow along the Great Lakes.

Aug 19, 2021
Its crazy Doug.
I grew up in Indiana. After the blizzard of '78, I joined the Navy. I spent most of my career in Norfolk Virginia. These days I ponder if I need to move further south.

Aug 19, 2021
I will admit when they put "No Wake Zone" signs on your street you cannot claim you do not understand the risks.

This storm was so odd and tracked very strangely. It hit so fast they never had a chance to open the signs.

Let me further explain the no wake zone signs. These are aimed at monster style trucks that think our flooded roads are a play ground. what they, (the owners of the trucks) do not understand is their wakes erode the pilings footings and foundations of our houses.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I will admit when they put "No Wake Zone" signs on your street you cannot claim you do not understand the risks.
Let me further explain the no wake zone signs. These are aimed at monster style trucks that think our flooded roads are a play ground. what they, (the owners of the trucks) do not understand is their wakes erode the pilings footings and foundations of our houses.
Not to mention that these idiots, who speed thru flooded streets, push water into homes that were not yet flooded.

Aug 19, 2021
Not to mention that these idiots, who speed thru flooded streets, push water into homes that were not yet flooded.
Code ID10Ts. Yes, our neighbor across the street had about 3" of clearance before the water entered. A good size wake ruins there day,