The "Rest Of The Story"

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.oril

Oct 29, 2008
MacGregor 26D and Catalina 30 26 - 30 Lancaster, CA
That is one heck of a shine! Was your hull painted before or was it original? Mine has a coat of paint all over. Is there such thing as hull envy?
No paint. Original stock hull.
I had talked to my car wash guys and they can buff out the boat for a price. My car has a composite body and they made it look like new.

r.oril

Oct 29, 2008
oreana123 said:
I wonder if the Mac guys ever look at the mods we do to our boats.
You would think a simple furler with no moving parts to break would be cost effective .

Feb 8, 2012
macgegor 26D-26X lake Erie
Nice pictures Nice boaT. iT LOOKS LIKE THE FACTORY DIDNT`T REFINISH YOUR HULL BELOW the water line.. I also owned a 1988 Mac 26D. Sold it in 1999. i Iwas hoping that MacGregor would start making another Water Ballast performance 24-26 foot Sailboat.

r.oril

Oct 29, 2008
Ali Baba said:
Nice pictures Nice boaT. iT LOOKS LIKE THE FACTORY DIDNT`T REFINISH YOUR HULL BELOW the water line.. I also owned a 1988 Mac 26D. Sold it in 1999. i Iwas hoping that MacGregor would start making another Water Ballast performance 24-26 foot Sailboat.
I asked, not allowed at there site. She is a lake boat and lives on a trailer.

Feb 8, 2012
macgegor 26D-26X lake Erie
Have you considered sanding and smoothing out the hull below the water line for better sailing performance.. Is it just me or is the blue bottom rough looking..??

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
My blue bottom is rough! To say the least. I've been thinking. Do I power wash it in the driveway or take it to the car wash after midnight? Thats allot of blue on the ground either way.
What is most likely to happen is.. I'll leave it and see how much comes off by sailing it next season.

Attachments

r.oril

Oct 29, 2008
Ali Baba said:
Have you considered sanding and smoothing out the hull below the water line for better sailing performance.. Is it just me or is the blue bottom rough looking..??
I have sanded it down and was going to paint it with that special stuff but because she is a trailer queen, I have been slow to get it done. I see that it does look ugly!

Status
Not open for further replies.