the new designs are way better ...........

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I thought you were having fun with us, Jon. :)

So the pizza slice shape is fast, that's great. Plus the designers put in hard chines (deep dish pizza slice). Why? More berth space primarily.

To me, it's an amazing 'interior' in that 3 double bedrooms - two are 'ensuite' - are fit inside a 42'er!

For running the Atlantic, it better be fast because it doesn't look like it has much storage. I see one good seaberth on each tack. No sea-going ventilation (AC maybe?)

I think for a charter boat it's a great idea. For how we sail, I guess my wife and I could AirB&B two cabins and make some $$$. :) Crossin the Atlantic, not a good design me thinks.

View attachment 191493
I didn't see any comments on tankage. Very small for a boat her size. No mention of a holding tank. Also, 6 people and 1 head doesn't sound like a recipe for a successful cruise.
Just some thoughts.....

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I didn't see any comments on tankage. Very small for a boat her size. No mention of a holding tank. Also, 6 people and 1 head doesn't sound like a recipe for a successful cruise.
Just some thoughts.....
There is a 2 head model.

Water tankage is 132 gallons standard, 289 gallons optional.

Fuel tankage is 66 gallons.

No mention of waste.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Interesting boat. Suspect you dump your waste at sea or it is carried beneath one of the 3 beds.

Not for me, though the speed is intriguing. I suspect the ride would be wet as there appeared little to deflect any boarding water over the bow. You may be 40 feet from the splash but looks like it would reach you unimpaired.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
There is a 2 head model.

Water tankage is 132 gallons standard, 289 gallons optional.

Fuel tankage is 66 gallons.

No mention of waste.

This was in the video from OP.

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I love the new monohull high preformance designs. I'm not to thrilled with the styling, but they are confirmation of a design concept I have believed in for years. Flat, wide, built for planing. I'm ultimately an aesthetic sailor. Speed isn't my driver. Of course, if I can coax a little speed out of my boat, I will.

-Will (Dragonfly)

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I love the new monohull high preformance designs. I'm not to thrilled with the styling, but they are confirmation of a design concept I have believed in for years. Flat, wide, built for planing. I'm ultimately an aesthetic sailor. Speed isn't my driver. Of course, if I can coax a little speed out of my boat, I will.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Speed is in the sales pitch. When 3 couples and their gear, provisions for a week are loaded, plus a couple thousand pounds of fuel and water, etc. are we still going fast? Considering you've got to sail on all points to go somewhere for a week - and come back - has time changed on the water with the speed increase?

Or are we still in the same warp we were 50 years ago?

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Considering you've got to sail on all points to go somewhere for a week - and come back - has time changed on the water with the speed increase?
With the increase in speed you can go a little farther or stay a little longer when you get there. For me it’s all about time on the water and I’m lucky enough to have an Admiral who likes to spend 4 or 5 months out on the boat each summer. Mind you it doesn’t mean I don’t try to make the boat go as fast as I can.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Thank you. I saw that also. So where did the data originate in the video?
Well the numbers are all screwed up.

210 Liters is about 55 gallons, 460 L ~ 121 G. However, tank options are 210 L or 460 L. Or 132 G or 289 G. None of those are equivalent. Even the number you cited, 210 L or 46 G are wrong.

I hope the engineers at Bavaria are better at math and conversions than the marketing people. :huh:

Aug 21, 2019
Catalina 315 18 Grosse Pointe Park, MI
With its broad aft end, I have to wonder if the admiral is going to get motion sickness when we sail on Lake Erie with waves hitting our stern.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I love Toby, but that was a bit of an advert for Bavaria, who really has not done much in years. The boat is totally derivative (chines? bluff bow? integrated sprit? please.), and looks like a 2 year old Jeanneau. Not a bad thing, but not exactly groundbreaking.