Thats a wrap....2018 season officially over for me.

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
MAIAOUT2018.jpg
Even with a wedding in August and the usual summer mayhem we managed to get about 30 nights on the boat. Not only that but we didn't have any major mechanical issues! Oh the usual stuff, bilge pump failure mid season, but all in all a success!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Nice pic Nat55. I'm headed out this weekend to winterize before we haul out. They're talking about a trace of snow Sunday.

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
It was a busy day at the Belfast boat ramp at high tide, with two trucks from the boatyard and others lined up for space.....and lots of spectators.....
BUSYDAY.jpg

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
We're winterizing this weekend as well. I'm about 10 minutes from leaving work early to get the sails off this afternoon. We've been waiting for a calm, dry day but haven't had one. It looks like tonight, around sundown, is as close as we're going to get before we haul out Monday. My wife refuses to walk around the deck once it's on the cradle so we can't do it after. If it turns out to be too windy to take the sails off tonight I'll have to get my son to help me next weekend.

Then it's back to the marina tomorrow afternoon to putz around, finish up as much of my holding tank project as I can, work on a few other minor projects, and do our in-slip winterizing. I'm spending one last night on the boat tomorrow night but with temps dipping below freezing, my wife said I can have the rear berth all to myself, LOL!

T Dunn

May 23, 2018
Allied Princess Southwest Harbor
I just scheduled my haulout earlier this afternoon. Seaquestor will come out (weather permitting) the morning of the 23rd. That leaves me 10 days to get a couple more sails in and strip the boat for haulout. So far October has been cold and I find I no longer enjoy sailing when I am cold.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That is a beautiful boat, nat55.
It must be sad every year about this time.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
View attachment 157350 Even with a wedding in August and the usual summer mayhem we managed to get about 30 nights on the boat. Not only that but we didn't have any major mechanical issues! Oh the usual stuff, bilge pump failure mid season, but all in all a success!
I've always admired the lines on the G 37. Very handsome yacht.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Nice pic Nat55. I'm headed out this weekend to winterize before we haul out. They're talking about a trace of snow Sunday.
Better bring your chest waders to get to the dock. The water is over the patio of the AD and likely in the basement.

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Beautiful. How long have you owned her?
Hey DR, thanks we bought her in 2014, love the way she sails, as one of my friends said after a particularly blustery day on the delivery from Connecticut to Maine, "she sails like a church"....as in, solid as a......

Feb 11, 2017
Pearson Alberg 35 Freeport, Maine
We had hoped to get in one more overnight before haulout but a look the weather forecast for the week made the decision for us. Yesterday was absolutely perfect for bringing the boat around to the yard for winter storage. The dog enjoyed it too.

Sniffs.jpg

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
I spent the Saturday night on the boat as I finished up some projects and did some winterizing before our haul out today. I woke up Sunday to quite a bit of unexpected snow! I knew it was going to get cold, but the forecast I saw indicated only a 10% chance of precipitation. There was some accumulation for a while, but later it started to melt. On my way out of the marina I noticed the beautiful snow covered trees on the bluff behind the fall colors nearby.

I'm not sure if the snow made it easier or harder to say goodbye to the season.

IMG_20181014_113050816.jpg

IMG_20181014_172813939 (1).jpg

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
The season is over for me too. We did the Chicago river trip last Wednesday — one lock from the lake into the river & then 24 draw bridges down to Canal St. I finished my winterizing work at the yacht yard on Saturday and Dalliance is ready for shrink-wrap. The fenders came off after I took the photo. It might look silly to some, but every fender I have goes on the boat for the river trip because after each bridge we pull off to the side out of river traffic and tie up or hang on with boat hooks while we wait for the next bridge to open and some of the walls are in real rough shape - broken wood rails and nasty bolts sticking out of steel sheet piles.

It was a shortened season for me. Launched the boat as usual just before Memorial Day but was in a car accident the first week of June that cost me half the season. Guy behind me on the expressway fell asleep in morning rush hour traffic and rear-ended me. Totaled my car and put me in the ER with whiplash and a concussion. Anyway, the boat didn’t leave the dock again until almost August, but I made the most of the remainder of the season and it could have been worse. That’s my sweet new car in front of the boat.
9E58A577-FDF4-4FE9-A2D1-F3E9D3060FAE.jpeg