Thanks for responses to WHAT YEAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sylvia

We are just days away from making an offer on this boat. A very exciting time for my husband and I (and our two small children). What a summer this will be!! Thank you to all who responded. The interior needs a major overhaul, it has never been updated in the 20+ years. I would love to hear of any changes anyone has made to their interior.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Upholstery will do a lot

It's probably that hideous orange/brown tweed they loved in the 70s, huh? You will be astounded at the difference new upholstery will make. While you're at it, you'll probably want to get new foam for the cushions cuz they old ones are probably dust (literally!). I refinished the little teak I had cuz after about 20 years of teak oil build-up, they needed some freshening. I also have custom cut wool carpeting. I have it rolled up & stowed for winter but it's nice in the summer to have some carpeting. I'm also in the process of buying an Origo non-pressurized stove/oven combo. That'll mean losing the footwell for the port settee (I have the traditional layout)but I'll have a great new stove! The icebox insulation is non-existant and impossible to install, so I use that for dry storage & just use a portable cooler for cold stuff. I also installed doors to the faces of the settees which makes accessing the storage areas easier, but also makes it safer in the event of a thru-hull disaster. I can just open the door instead of having to pull out the port settee cushion, and half crawl into the space where the galley thru-hull is. That always made me nervous & I feel Oh-so-much-better now that I have easy access. In addition to all that, I replaced the light fixtures from those horrible opaque motorhome lights to nice halogen brass trimmed lights. MUCH nicer! Have fun with your new baby - she'll bring you much joy! LaDonna

B

Bob Camarena

Big Berth

One mod that added greatly to our comfort was to modify our traditional interior into a large bed. We bridged the gap between the port and starboard berths with two pieces of plywood sitting on two small rails on the berth risers. Adding a couple of pieces of foam completes a very large berth -- you sleep cross-ways, port to starboard. It's a little inconvenient in that you give up your walkway when the berth is set up, but it's the most comfortable way to sleep. Give the v-berth to the kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.