Tacking is a pain in the a$$!

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
OK, I have to pipe in and clarify this. Keep in mind a Martini glass has a wide top and is shallow, unlike say a beer can, so that particular drink is the one you want to avoid tacking while in hand. Or I'd add jibing too.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
This is the only post in this thread that makes much sense to me. I guess we'll see weinie again when he returns from his circumcision. On a starboard tack.
Kermit, don't you mean circumnavigation? :plus:

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
I never crew with women from New Jersey. High heels have no place on a sailboat.
Obviously you must be referring to the NYC and North Jersey women who come down to the Jersey shore. I think you watch to much MTV JERSEY SHORE.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Down the shore everything's alright,
You're with your baby on a Saturday night,
Don't you know that all my dreams come true,
When I'm walkin' down the street with you,
Sing sha la la la la la sha la la la.

You know she thrills me with all her charms,
When I'm wrapped up in my baby's arms,
My little angel gives me everything,
I know someday that she'll wear my ring.

So don't bother me cause I got no time,
I'm on my way to see that girl of mine,
Nothin' else matters in this whole wide world,
When you're in love with a jersey girl,
Sing sha la la la la la la.

I'm not a Springsteen fan, but Tom Waits helped him out with this one. My Jersey girl doesn't wear heels but she can wear them on our boat if she wants to! :waycool:

weinie

Sep 6, 2010
Jeanneau 349 port washington, ny
Anyone who suggests playing springsteen on my boat is going to get deep sixed faster than freefall at great adventure.
That being said, anyone who changes my SiriusXM 80's station is also going to find themselves swimming with the fishes.
Danger Zone baby!

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
We tried playing music on our boat once but it drowned out the sound of the water slipping past the hull.
Yesterday we sailed 3 hrs and covered 14 miles with only 3 tacks. That's a treat for us but the wind direction was right on. Only once did did conditions align for us to sail north up the bay 10 miles and back south only tacking one time on the trip.
Being only day trippers that is rare for us and very enjoyable.

PS: I mentioned some of the posts in this thread including Kermit's posts. Admiral found it hilarious.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Kermit ... gettin' more pt than he deserves! (If I need to be censored, please just a slap on the wrist :redface:)

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I got your prandsome hince right here.
Oh Kermy, I think I wet myself laughing...Muggly Other and two sad blisters...don't forget to slop your drippers, and the stroral of the mory. Ha ha ha ha hah!!!!!

You rock mister, I can't believe you're a skilled sailor...no wait, yes I can!

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 33 Metedeconk River
Someone needs to organize a national meeting for all the people on this site. I for one would love to meet many of them.