Tachometer installation method found!

Nov 25, 2015
Endeavour 32 Middle River, Md
This forum is all good stuff!..many sailors with great experience and info. TY

So I take it by several of you that have looked at my engine pics above, that maybe a Tinytach may be my best option?
because I'm assuming that my 2QM20 engine doesn't have the "tach plug" connector on the engine block that others here are describing and utilizing?

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
This forum is all good stuff!..many sailors with great experience and info. TY

So I take it by several of you that have looked at my engine pics above, that maybe a Tinytach may be my best option?
because I'm assuming that my 2QM20 engine doesn't have the "tach plug" connector on the engine block that others here are describing and utilizing?
A TinyTach will work but having a stator tap added to your existing alt should not cost much, about $25.00 - 40.00 at best. Your alt may already have a stator tap, many Yanmar/Hitachi's do..... You can then use a standard USA Made Faria diesel tachometer such as the Faria model# 32842 which runs about $50.00 -$65.00 depending upon the source....

Blitz

Jul 10, 2007
Seidelmann 34 Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Your alt may already have a stator tap, many Yanmar/Hitachi's do..... You can then use a standard USA Made Faria diesel tachometer such as the Faria model# 32842 which runs about $50.00 -$65.00 depending upon the source....
I thought the VDO and Faria Tachometers do not work with three cylinder engines, or doesn't that matter when getting the information from the stator?