Support for hatch missing

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 49 2 San Diego,Ca
Hi folks upon inspection of my 84 Hunter 31 it looks like one of the supports for the forward hatch are missing, anyone know where to get a replacement?
Here is a pic of the only one on the hatch but looks like it should have two?
thanks
Graeme

Attachments

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
The early Bowmar hatches had only one support.. Picture is of my original on the '85 H-34 I think the same hatch was used on the 31.
IMG_0363.JPG

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Yeah, only one. The other mounting spot is in case the builder wanted it on the other side, like when the hatch opens in reverse.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Mine were missing also. Looking them up, they were very pricey to replace. I installed ball sockets and gas struts. They work great and alot cheaper.

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Owners choice Claude.
You may be right but since most of these boats were sold at dealers I think It's more a case of whoever the worker was. It might also have been done at Bomar and Hunter installed whatever it received.
Just curious on a personal note where do you keep your boat in Ponce Inlet ? I have stayed at the Smyrna YC a few times. Even anchored not far from the bridge. I am in Cocoa for the winter, just a few miles down the road !

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I think Hunter installed whatever Bowmar sent .. You are correct, Claude.
The PO re-bedded my original hatch, so it has been out, but none of the bosses/lugs are tapped for another support..