Still in business....?!?!?

Oct 11, 2008
- - Waterford
@Stephan Got to thinking, shouldn't Mabel be rocking one of these:
Dave, you are right.
We have to custom-make/sew one to fit her as we've exhausted the off-the-shelf options that do not fit her big Wiener chest. Winter project.
As a puppy, she was too small for anything, but our cat Jax got to be a model for an photo.
Ready for some boatin' May '19.jpg

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Just a few comments: In the Tohatsu photos above of the fuel fittings, I see some differences in the parts, so make sure you get the one you need. Secondly, a Tohatsu dealer will have the original part that you know will work and properly cross reference. The price might be higher, but you know it will work as some after market items are cheaper and don't work as well. Regarding antifreeze, there are cheap brands and not so cheap brands. The more expensive ones sometimes have ingredients in them that actually will protect your engine better, etc. So, consider that. There are lots of WM stores around. Some are huge and some small. Small stores usually don't have much in the line of sailing hardware. And, often the employees don't know Diddly squat about sailboat items so there is nothing to learn there. I have gone to WM to get parts for items, but have found that they only sell the entire unit and not parts for it. Go to a local private chandlery and you can most likely find the part which saves you money. Having been in the business, I know how to source out parts for products. WM doesn't want to bother with that very much I have found out and would rather sell you a new one, if they know what it is. When it comes to power boats, they seem more educated. They also like when you order on line and there you probably have a lot more to choose from than in a store. But, I like supporting the little guy, who knows what he/she is doing and is more of a marine hardware store and not a boutique as someone mentioned above.