Standing Rigging Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Check your cockpit sole to boom distance vs. the top of your head.

Manny

Oct 5, 2006
Hunter 82? 37 Cutter Wherever the wind takes me
Ross,

I went under the assumption when I posted that only the cabin top was raised. If so, cutting the bottom of the mast would keep the boom in it's original location in relation to the cockpit sole - granted that could have been low enough originally to get a few nasty headaches.
One of my concerns would be that raising the mast and all it's associated bits a foot higher could adversely affect sailing performance and even safety.

Manny

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
I suppose that setting the sails higher would require reefing earlier. The balance is rather delicate at some points.

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
Superscripts are not required for temperatures... 76˚ is easily done with the extended character set that is available on most modern PCs.

Mainesail, While we have your attention, I have a question. The other day when we were talking about anchor lights You made a post and I determined that our forum program doesn't recognize subscripts and superscripts. Is there a low cost way to correct this?
It will make life much more fun if we can post location as D>M>S with the proper superscripts or with temperature as 76degrees F instead of 760 F.

Status
Not open for further replies.