Spring Cruise - 2019

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Everyone between Thatchers Pass and East Sound got boarded today.
Wow. Never been boarded by the CBP. County Sheriff Deputy once while on the water. They have approached me, but usually just asked questions, then sped off. Been boarded twice by CBP while clearing. Never by the CG.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Clean because he takes it out and sails it. Nice
My boat had a clean bottom and a fully sloshed fuel tank after my outing. Was an easy trip up the Passage but when I turned around it got a little sport with wind and wave in the nose. Smooth ride in the Lee of Hat Island. It was just too small.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
No @Stu Jackson split off at Van Isle to clear back into Canada. The. Home to Maple Bay. Had a bad cold. I’m going to Annett Inlet for a few days then further north depending on weather. Only one ferry came within a 1/2 mile of me. The current slowed me enough that he didn’t get the chance to run me down.

Nice gentle 7-10 it’s breeze broad reach.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I’m going to Annett Inlet for a few days then further north depending on weather
The weather looks much better than last time. We're busy getting ready for the May 1st start of this years trip. How long will you be out this time Les?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Hello Below was at my dock to grab my lines. I still feel rotten, will stay on the boat tonight, too knackered to schlep all the stuff to the car.
Had a great time. Anyway... :)
Rotten email here, too, the Shaw Open is down, maybe ever since December's wind storm, so having to use the guest wifi here at the end of the dock, even with my Alfa, is intermittent.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Hope you feel better soon Stu. Are you going to the Rendezvous too? We'll be in Maple Bay May 2-4 I think. A visit with Mom before heading North.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hope you get well for the May extravaganza at Roche Harbor. I am going to be able to stay for the event this year. May even get my wife to join in the festivities. If you can just get the weather to cooperate.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Thanks, all of you folks. Not feeling any better but home now. I left the stuff on the boat. No wifi at all this morning. Gee, how can man live with books alone?!? :)

Yes, I'm going to the May C Rend. Sorry I'll miss you, Michael. The fuel dock is still out at MBM and they haven't completed the dock rebuilding, so all the boats are still at the guest dock. I'd call ahead first unless you know already.

John, glad you made it home safe. Heckuva day, huh?

Unless Les gorges, there should still be lotsa pastrami left, I swear I didn't have any except for the first day. Really.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
No wifi at all this morning.
Have no fear I am sure the WiFi will be back online soon. I chatted with Shaw last night and they told me to let the marina know as this is a business account issue. I did just that so you can rest easy knowing that it is in good hands. A beer delivered to E21 when it happens would be nice.