Spinnaker size

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@Jack Barnes as for the tack if you don't have a bowsprit you could you this setup http://www.atninc.com/atn-tacker-sailing-equipment.shtml when I fly our spinnaker I only use (1) sheet, not to say that you couldn't use (2), the issue being in order to tack when flying a asymmetrical you would have to douse it and redeploy on other side. Which is why a top down furling system or a sock is usually used in conjunction with the spinnaker. A bowsprit allows the sail to get out front of the bow pulpit and improves sail shape.
Mark

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
That ATN thing is cute, but it has to be hard on the sail that it's rubbing against. Why not do it right?

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
That ATN thing is cute, but it has to be hard on the sail that it's rubbing against. Why not do it right?
I guess that would depend on how often you intend on flying the sail, just showing options opposed to the multi thousands one could spend doing it right as you say. I have not used the ATN Sail tack but I have seen boats out there that do use it and it doesn't appear to move around very much at all, once the tack line is set.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I use one it doest move unless you pull on the down haul. Very smooth against the furled sail

Aug 1, 2011
Top down is not exactly cheap, if one were to buy it off the shelf.

Aug 1, 2011
Move doesn't necessarily mean obvious. The tack forces are probably split somewhat evenly between the furled sail and the downhaul. Over time you would definitely see some effect on the furled sail.

Jul 5, 2017
Hunter 44DS Cape Coral
This is very helpful. It appears that the block for the sheet attaches to the rear stanchon. There is a welded U on the arch. I think the rigging for the 41 and 44 is the same so if someone has a spinnaker rig on one of these boats, what block(s) are you using?

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
This is very helpful. It appears that the block for the sheet attaches to the rear stanchon. There is a welded U on the arch. I think the rigging for the 41 and 44 is the same so if someone has a spinnaker rig on one of these boats, what block(s) are you using?
Yes exactly the weldment on the arch is the place for the block Harken Block.JPG you want one for each side.