speaking of bottom paint, Joe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
She's looking good. This is after one coat of SSB ablative paint. I purchased a gallon of blue. I still have a little more than a half gallon left. I am tempted to put another coat on it tomorrow.

It looks good George! I finally got my paint via UPS about a week ago. She's all painted and put back on the trailer. I raised the mast on her yesterday and today I've been loading her up with all the goodies, plus the boat food. Our YC docks are going in tomorrow and I may put her in next week sometime. You're really going to love that boat!
Joe

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
She's looking good. This is after one coat of SSB ablative paint. I purchased a gallon of blue. I still have a little more than a half gallon left. I am tempted to put another coat on it tomorrow.

george, looks great. i like the blue. i used green to match the green strip. i like the fact that my "green" oday is almost the only green boat at the marina. It helps to distinguish from all the blurry boats when going to sleep in the boat after a club BBQ! ;)
Keith

estopa

Feb 27, 2008
Oday 222 Milford, CT
Thanks Guys. In the Daysailer forum I put a post with pics. Shes on the water in Milford harbor. I did get a chance to put 2 coats on her. One thing I didn't do was put bottom paint on the centerboard. I may pull her out mid season because I have another trailer that was used for fixed keels that allows up to 5 ft draft. So I may put her on that then bottom paint and put back in the water.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
My boat is all ready for the water right now. All I have to do is take the mast down and get the boat ready to trailer to the club. All my food and gear is on board. I need to install my mooring ball pendant line. It's all a matter of getting the right tides for both tasks. My two eight year old twin grand daughters keep asking me to take them sailing. That's the only time that my wife wants to go. My other three grandsons aren't really that enthused about sailing. Of course, Penelope has no say in the matter. She's become a permanent fixture on my boat every summer. :dance:

olsalt

Nov 20, 2009
Oday 222 Oneida Lake in Upstate NY
My boat (as yet unnamed) is very nearly ready. It has been a few weeks chasing leaks, cleaning, the usual. I fabricated a new aft mast crutch from scrap lumber & 4 inch PVC pipe that I'm proud of. Slow speed 'boondocks' connection prevents posting of pics, drat! launch day is Friday. Thanks to all who assisted with encouragement and patience.

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Olsalt Boondocks

My boat (as yet unnamed) is very nearly ready. It has been a few weeks chasing leaks, cleaning, the usual. I fabricated a new aft mast crutch from scrap lumber & 4 inch PVC pipe that I'm proud of. Slow speed 'boondocks' connection prevents posting of pics, drat! launch day is Friday. Thanks to all who assisted with encouragement and patience.
Olsalt,
So are you telling that you are an Oneida Chief?
Smoke signals?

Ed K

Attachments

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
My wife just finished painting the bottom of this O'day 23 that we bought at the end of last season. A lot of little things needed to be done, but we're ready to put the mast up and get on the ball this weekend!

May 31, 2004
Catalina 28 Branford
My wife just finished painting the bottom of this O'day 23 that we bought at the end of last season. A lot of little things needed to be done, but we're ready to put the mast up and get on the ball this weekend!

She obviously didn't put the paint on correctly as she doesn't look as blue as a smurf.

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
She had coveralls.
The guy with the boat next to ours, now that dude looked like a member of Blue Men Group. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.